• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modern Russian Army in the photos.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't believe that tank, did they drop the drive shaft and lock it in gear? Thought I read that they had to have a factory rep come out and educate them on how to undo whatever they did. Maybe they're taking a page from the American book and having the FSRs forward with the front line guys!

GoldComet6

Here is the Russian Army Parade from today.

In an effort to minimize some of the the obvious political propaganda contained in this parade - you can fast forward 30 minutes in to start seeing some T-34/85s. All of the tracked & wheeled military equipment follows them. Then you will start seeing the aircraft fly by too. The new T-14 MBTs and other members of this new family are on full display.

It actually starts with Russian soldiers walking by showing their 1945 style uniforms and rifles (yes even cavalry!). Then they progress (for 30 minutes) until you'll see their modern uniforms and rifles.

It's in HD so you get to see their MVs very clearly - some nice close up shots reveal a lot of detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw2bsbqycAY

Last edited:

GoldComet6

Tu-95 Bears are so noisy they can be detected by U.S. underwater sonar sensors, and submarines. Guess we have no fear of them sneaking up on us. LOL They were way ahead of their time when first introduced, even if they were basically a reverse engineered American B-29, with some tweeks.

Are you referring to the Tupolev Tu-4 "Bull"?

It was truly a reverse engineered B-29, as several were interned in the Soviet Union during WWII. Even the radial engines were copied.

I'm sure the knowledge gained from the B-29s influenced the design of Tu-95, but they are quite different aircraft. For example, the Tu-95 has swept wings & tail versus straight wings on the B-29 and Tu-4. The wing is mid mounted on the B-29 and mounted higher on the Tu-95.

One of the photos below has Chinese air force insignia, as the Russians gave them Tu-4s during the 1950s - they also shared their MiGs, T-55s, and AKs too.

Attachments

Last edited:

Carlo

I bet you this was a simulated fire, yea that's it just like the simulated breakdown on the super tank, and the simulated not being able to recover the simulated breakdown.
What a show. We are so lucky to see these simulations. :popcorn:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet you this was a simulated fire, yea that's it just like the simulated breakdown on the super tank, and the simulated not being able to recover the simulated breakdown.
What a show. We are so lucky to see these simulations. :popcorn:

First, I quote President Richard Millhouse Nixon:

"I have only THIS to say about THAT..."

And now, quoting another US President:

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
Abraham Lincoln

Another Ahab

Teddy Roosevelt was one of my top five USA presidents.
Theodore Roosevelt, Jr. (T.R.) is almost singlehandedly responsible for turning the Office of the Executive into the grandstanding spectacle it has now become:

- The U.S Constitution never intended the Office of the Executive (the "President") to become a position of substitute Monarch/ Emperor that it has steadily been approaching over the last Century (thanks in no small regard to T.R.).

The idea, borrowed from the Romans, was for equality among the various branches of government (balanced government), with the emphasis (if any) from the Congress (the "People).

You can see how all that has changed (nothing stays the same).

I am no Constitutional scholar, but I did pledge to honor and defend that essay in governing. So here is my two bits:

- I think it is unfortunate that so much emphasis now is focused on our President, rather than our Congress. And I also think it unfortunate that the Congress (for the greedy purpose of re-election), has become so prone to abandon leadership and relinquish that role of leading almost exclusively to the Executive. But that's the way it is. As Robert E. Lee once put it, "Too bad; too bad". 2cents

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks