• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modern Russian Army in the photos.

USSR

Test firing module of self-propelled artillery (SAO) "Zauralets-D", developed for the Russian Airborne Forces, have been quite successful
Earlier it was reported that created the two are self-propelled by the project - of 120 and 152 mm. It is noted that "152 mm has high firing range and power"

1454840373_1.jpg

srodocker

Cant wait to see more pictures! I've always love the BTRS sure wish to have one one day. They were featured in some zombie film and fell in love ever since!

Another Ahab

The shot towards the end of the video of the Statue Of Liberty isn't too subtle. So over here, we're the Bad Guys I'm guessing.

We're all of us toast if it comes to that of course, you and us both, and EVERYBODY in between.

BUT.

Other than that message, production videos out of Russia are a treat, top class product.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

AND interesting how the classic Katyusha rockets are still a standard in the arsenal. That's very Russian.

They were at (+/-) 2:20, 9:40, and 10:15 (and maybe more but those are the shots I caught).

USSR

AND interesting how the classic Katyusha rockets are still a standard in the arsenal. That's very Russian.

They were at (+/-) 2:20, 9:40, and 10:15 (and maybe more but those are the shots I caught).

Yes it is an older version - BM 21 Grad
40 rockets (122 mm) in a single salvo. Range up 20 km.
There are already more advanced models of this series - the Tornado.

There are even more frightening weapons - Smerch (300 m) and Uragan (220 mm).

USSR

The "Uragan" Multiple Rocket Launcher System (9K57) is designed to engage any type of group targets the susceptible elements of which are manpower sheltered or in the open, soft-skinned and armored materiel of the motorized infantry and tank companies, artillery, tactical missiles, SAM systems units, helicopters on landing sites, command posts, communications centers and military-industrial (defense) facilities.

Basic Specifications
Range of fire: - maximum - 35 km
- minimum - 10 km
Number of launching tubes - 16
Caliber of rocket projectiles - 220 mm
Weight of the RP - 270 to 280 kg
Salvo time - 20 sec
Number of RPs carried by one Transporter-Loader - 16
LV crew - 4
Tranporter-loader crew - 3
Time to load the LV - 20 min
Time to prepare the LV for action - Not more than 3 min
Time for urgent leaving
of the firing position after launch - Not more than 1,5 min

https://youtu.be/0EzgeV2vbOY

Another Ahab

Schtora 1 ("Curtains") - a set of electro-optical active protection from high-precision weapons.
https://youtu.be/-bz3f0qiD5M
The T-90 is a beautiful machine; beautiful but terrible (terrible because it is designed to turn human beings into hamburger). That ground clearance looks to be a full 24" (60cm), and it moves like a high-performace sports car; sweet.

But watching the video here, you start to realize that tanks are really all dinosaurs. The amount of effort going into making them less vulnerable (because entirely invulnerable is just impossible), begins to seem ridiculous. It just can't be cost-effective.

It's like nobody wants to say quits, I guess just because it's armor. Everybody loves armor, but really: it's suicide to put crews of people into those things. Tank crews are sitting ducks; even with all the fancy bells-and-whistles against anti-tank weapons.

It's always hard to let go. 2cents

(edit: Challenge for argument DELETED. Please see next post. Thank you.)

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I WANT to remind EVERYBODY that Steel Soldiers is a site for people the LOVE military trucks, with the truck being the STEEL SOLDIER, IDEOLOGY has nothing to do with it, so PLEASE now that we have our good friend USSR back, lets talk trucks. tanks, ect. and leave the IDEOLOGY to the politicians who can figure out how to screw up a rock..

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I WANT to remind EVERYBODY that Steel Soldiers is a site for people the LOVE military trucks, with the truck being the STEEL SOLDIER, IDEOLOGY has nothing to do with it, so PLEASE now that we have our good friend USSR back, lets talk trucks. tanks, ect. and leave the IDEOLOGY to the politicians who can figure out how to screw up a rock..
Ron, I think the "politicians" have already figured that one out. Rocks were a simple target for them. They've even figured out how to do their own families! I agree, ideology shouldn't be a part of the thread, from or towards each other. Always great to learn about new and different equipment. "One day at a time"................."mine is not to reason why, mine is just to do or............"

Thanks again!

Last edited:

USSR

The T-90 is a beautiful machine; beautiful but terrible (terrible because it is designed to turn human beings into hamburger). That ground clearance looks to be a full 24" (60cm), and it moves like a high-performace sports car; sweet.

But watching the video here, you start to realize that tanks are really all dinosaurs. The amount of effort going into making them less vulnerable (because entirely invulnerable is just impossible), begins to seem ridiculous. It just can't be cost-effective.

It's like nobody wants to say quits, I guess just because it's armor. Everybody loves armor, but really: it's suicide to put crews of people into those things. Tank crews are sitting ducks; even with all the fancy bells-and-whistles against anti-tank weapons.

It's always hard to let go. 2cents

(edit: Challenge for argument DELETED. Please see next post. Thank you.)
look at this
https://youtu.be/Nq3kxFZIc8s

USSR

There was no apparent impact, so I'm guessing that was showing a defeat of the anti-tank missile by the tank defense system. Is that right?

I bet those tankers under the hatch all had to change their underwear regardless.
No, we are accustomed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks