• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modern Russian Army in the photos.

Another Ahab

Here's an interesting video. ( English subtitles in the settings)
https://youtu.be/2t1Bw5Sea98
I love the sound of spoken Russian, U.S.S.R., and I wish I knew how to speak it, but I don't (not yet anyway).

And I apologize but I'm not too IT savvy, either. I can't seem to figure it out:

- Is there a way to activate the subtitles to see them in English? Where are the "settings" to do that?

Another Ahab

The internet is SO absolutely cool and amazing, isn't it!?

I mean it's not as cool and amazing as this crazy world we live in; but, it's right up there, close!

Thanks a million, U.S.S.R.

Another Ahab

Hey, U.S.S.R., this is wacky, and it's drifting, but check this out that I just ran across (from my local health club); kind of neat:

Healthy Lifestyle Tip:
Visualization Leads to Actualization

Visualization, done right, can be extremely powerful in achieving any goal. As you think about your goals for the coming year, take into consideration the following…

Using your intellectual factor of imagination, see yourself already in possession of your goal. Picture yourself with the healthy and fit body you desire, and literally feel what it is like to have it. You cannot achieve anything in your “outer world” until you first see it in your “inner world.

Is Visualization for Real?
In one of the most well-known studies on Creative Visualization in sports, Russian scientists compared four groups of Olympic athletes in terms of their training schedules:

• ¥ Group 1 had 100% physical training
  • ¥ Group 2 had 75% physical training with 25% mental training
  • ¥ Group 3 had 50% physical training with 50% mental training
  • ¥ Group 4 had 25% physical training with 75% mental training.

The results showed that Group 4, with 75% of their time devoted to mental training, performed the best. "The Soviets had discovered that mental images can act as a prelude to muscular impulses."Creative Visualization is distinguished from normal daydreaming in that Creative Visualization is done in the first person and the present tense – as if the visualized scene were unfolding all around you; whereas normal daydreaming is done in the third person and the future tense.

Using affirmations that begin with “I am so happy and grateful now that…” is an excellent way to begin programming your subconscious mind to move towards your goal.Visualization is another tool that Olympic athletes use to get their minds in shape for competition. In this technique, athletes mentally rehearse exactly what they have to do to win. Sports psychologists say that visualization boosts athletes' confidence by forcing them to picture themselves winning. It also helps them concentrate on their physical moves, rather than on distractions around them.

Tips for Success

• ¥ Create an affirmation statement and visualize yourself with your goal achieved. Put your affirmation statement in places you’ll see it often; like your bathroom mirror, car and desk. Put it on a card and keep it in your pocket at all times
  • ¥ Create a Vision Board – cut out pictures of your goal (i.e., fit bodies, athletes, etc.) and make a collage that you can view often. Get emotionally involved when you look at it.
Our mission together is to give you all the brain tools that you need to take absolute control and responsibility for your own wellbeing and long term health.Source: http://www.bmofit.com/blog/2015/01/19/ask-mo/visualization-leads-to-actualization/

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now wait a minute, ColdWarrior:

- Are you maybe playing a joke on us all here!?

Oh and by the way; Gesundheit!
roflrofl
No joke.
Although I was never taught to read or write Lithuanian I was taught some words of common courtesy. I to my best at phonetic spelling as I recall the pronunciations of some 50 years ago in my childhood.

Nehdishkah (Neh-dyish-ka = You're welcome)

Shaltah (Shawl-tuh = cold)

Sveakus (Svay-kuss - "to your health" as in a toast with shot glass in hand)
to reply with:
Unn Svea Katus (un SVAY cot uss = "to yours too.")

Szowplee (Szow PLEE - dummy or dunce, a clumsy person or goofy)

...and a few cuss words inappropriate for these forums.

I was recently surprised by how much Lithuanian has regained usage since the fall of the Iron Curtain. I have a friend - USAF Lt. Colonel - who recently completed a Logistics Coordination assignment over there. Seems they are now our allies.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

I'm sorry U.S.S.R., but we got WAY off track on you here.

Me and ColdWarrior, we got a few whiskers on us and all, and sometimes our minds (well, my feeble one anyway), it goes a little fuzzy on me....

adrift.jpg

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet those fenders are awesome when the mud gets jammed up in them...[/QUOT

Probably won't see much "off road" time. Very large vehicle. The one behind it is even bigger. Figure it should be able to get the "police" to and from the donut shop with ease. The third vehicle looks like a polaris Ranger! Even has the mini winch in front! LOL I have quite a bit if respect for Eastern vehicles and their capabilities. Not always the "tightest tolerances" but durable and mission capable at times.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you, USSR, for sharing with us again after your absence. I hope and pray that all is well with you and your family in light of the changing geo-political environment in your region.

Thanks again for being a contributing SteelSoldiers Member.

:driver:[thumbzup]

Another Ahab

Putin has shown a new armored vehicles to the FSB (former KGB)/QUOTE]

It didn't occur to me at first U.S.S.R, but reflecting on these 2 larger vehicles; they are both massive and undoubtedly fine against small-arms fire. But I wonder:

- Is there any design consideration behind either for Improvised Explosive Devices (IED's), or Rocket-Propelled Grenades (RPG's)?

That's the current threat to the Old-School thinking about these kinds of vehicles.

USSR

Putin has shown a new armored vehicles to the FSB (former KGB)/QUOTE]

It didn't occur to me at first U.S.S.R, but reflecting on these 2 larger vehicles; they are both massive and undoubtedly fine against small-arms fire. But I wonder:

- Is there any design consideration behind either for Improvised Explosive Devices (IED's), or Rocket-Propelled Grenades (RPG's)?

That's the current threat to the Old-School thinking about these kinds of vehicles.
These are cars for urban combat.
https://youtu.be/J6Jy6Jbsh4Y

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks