• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modern Russian Army in the photos.

USSR

Protection classes according to GOST 50744-95, which came into force in 2014
That corresponds 12,7*108 mm 57-BZ-542 with a bullet B-32 from a distance of 50 m
zil_r6024-r808-st.ir2-_s900.jpg

Another Ahab

Protection classes according to GOST 50744-95, which came into force in 2014
That corresponds 12,7*108 mm 57-BZ-542 with a bullet B-32 from a distance of 50 m

There are all kinds of variables (like "bullet" weight, etc.), and I'm no ballistics expert, but stopping a 12.7mm round is pretty impressive.

My reference point is my service with the NATO rounds at 5.56mm and 7.62mm (and I recognize this won't be your favorite), but are you saying the armor will defeat a 12.7mm round?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
12,7mm Cartridge with B-32 armor-piercing incendiary bullet (DESIGNATION 57-BZ-542)
This cartridge is designed to engage lightly armored ground targets (armored personnel carriers), weapon emplacements and targets behind light barriers at ranges of up to 1,000 m, concentrated infantry and motor transport at ranges of up to 1,500 m and low flying air targets at altitudes of up to 1,500 m. It ignites the B-70 gasoline. It is fired from NSV, NSVT and DShKM machine guns, as well as the OSV-96 sniper rifle. The bullet point is painted black and red.

Caliber, mm 12,7 x 108
Weight, g:
cartridge 133,5
bullet 48.2
Cartridge length, mm 147
Muzzle velocity, m/s 818
Max mean powder gas pressure, MPa 304
Fire consistency
at 300m range (R50), cm, max 19
Penetration range for 20mm armor, m up to 100
Case brass

Wikipedia:

It is used in the same roles as the NATO .50 BMG (12.7×99mm NATO) cartridge. The two differ in bullet shape and weight, and the casing of the 12.7×108mm is slightly longer and thicker, allowing it to hold slightly more of a different type of powder.

Another Ahab

That's what I LOVE about Steel Soldiers; just LOVE it:

- There's always somebody here who knows everything about something.

I couldn't have asked for more; thanks a million, bikeman!

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter

The first thing I saw was the 12 string, then the wheel skirts, then the beautiful blue paint-job. Great photograph.
Playing guitar with the neighbors is always good.

I don't have an Su-34 but I still have this rare model of the BM-13-16N WW11 Soviet Multiple Launch Rocket System.
Made in the Ukraine by ICM Holdings, the model....not the truck, sitting on an organ made in China, in front of a wall of stringed instruments in Canada......small world.

P3010048.jpg

Last edited:

USSR

The first thing I saw was the 12 string, then the wheel skirts, then the beautiful blue paint-job. Great photograph.
Playing guitar with the neighbors is always good.

I don't have an Su-34 but I still have this rare model of the BM-13-16N WW11 Soviet Multiple Launch Rocket System.
Made in the Ukraine by ICM Holdings, the model....not the truck, sitting on an organ made in China, in front of a wall of stringed instruments in Canada......small world.

View attachment 611180
https://youtu.be/UZ9A_mrCLqg

Another Ahab

That is an amazingly accurate scale model, and the first video threw me off with the tanker at the hatch. I thought at first (until after watching it a couple of times) that was an actual full scale tank with a real driver.

And the torque in that machine in the second video is remarkable. Didn't know that batteries that small could do anything like that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks