• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modern Russian Army in the photos.

USSR

A group of enthusiasts has developed a six-wheeled all-terrain vehicle "Burlak", which has already managed to pass the test. It is reported that "Burlak" showed good permeability when driving on snow-covered terrain, as well as water and ice, a frozen lake.
"Burlak" is a 6 wheel drive amphibious vehicle. ATV is based on BTR-60.
"Burlak" is equipped with the wheels of the tractor Kirovets K-700, developers are facilitated by removing "unnecessary" rubber. Engine output 177 hp "Borrowed" from the truck "Mercedes", power steering and traction - American production. Machine length 6.6 m, width - 2.9 m, height - 3.2 m, capacity - about 3 tons.

USSR

"Burlak" equipped with kitchens with gas burners for cooking, sink and shower. One of the experimental machine for the conquest of the north.

Another Ahab

A group of enthusiasts has developed a six-wheeled all-terrain vehicle "Burlak", which has already managed to pass the test.
I'm guessing the enthusiasts that you're talking about are Russians, is that correct?

I tell you what, if that Burlak were street legal I guarantee there would be a market for them here in the U.S.

It's like an all-terrain Winnebago, on steroids!

winnie.jpg

USSR

I'm guessing the enthusiasts that you're talking about are Russians, is that correct?

I tell you what, if that Burlak were street legal I guarantee there would be a market for them here in the U.S.

It's like an all-terrain Winnebago, on steroids!

View attachment 613934

yes.Now created several types of off-road vehicles and tested for the North Pole.

USSR

The armoring is impressive. Putting a subject in the cockpit during the testing (even WITH a helmet), makes you wonder a little. But who knows?

If I remember right that was a big feature of the fight-bomber that the Soviet Union fielded in WWII, it also was armored. I'd have to look up the actual aircraft.

This is fine with us - experience all by yourself.:D
Here is another example. Testing protective suit.
https://youtu.be/J9cFevxHkzQ

Another Ahab

The armoring is impressive. Putting a subject in the cockpit during the testing (even WITH a helmet), makes you wonder a little. But who knows?

If I remember right that was a big feature of the fight-bomber that the Soviet Union fielded in WWII, it also was armored. I'd have to look up the actual aircraft.
Here it is, the Ilyusihn.

Called "The Flying Tank"; a kind of a precursor of the U.S. A-10 Warthog.

I had no idea though that it was the single-most produced aircraft in the history of aviation. Amazing:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks