• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modern Russian Army in the photos.

Another Ahab

Loved the shot of the armor passing in review of the flowers, nice touch.
That was just incidental, I'm thinking. But I really like that about the Russians:

- They seem to commemorate everything with flowers; even military parades, sub launchings, and ICBM passes-in-review.

Sure, it's ironic sometimes, but I like that spirit. It's singularly Russian (well, and in their own way, maybe; just maybe, the Japanese, too).

But the Russians handle it in their own special way.

flowers.jpg

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was just incidental, I'm thinking. But I really like that about the Russians:

- They seem to commemorate everything with flowers; even military parades, sub launchings, and ICBM passes-in-review.

Sure, it's ironic sometimes, but I like that spirit. It's singularly Russian (well, and in their own way, maybe; just maybe, the Japanese, too).

But the Russians handle it in their own special way.

View attachment 641352
Only You Can Prevent FLORIST FRIARS.jpg But I digress.

USSR

I know, I know:

- It's a "defensive action". We play that card all the time over here, too.

But you all aren't starting a new war now, are you?
"I do not know what weapons will fight in World War III, but in the fourth at the course will stones and batons" Einstein

Another Ahab

"I do not know what weapons will fight in World War III, but in the fourth at the course will stones and batons" Einstein
Thank you, USSR; that's a quote worth remembering from somebody worth listening to.

I don't worry about anything stupid in the world that anybody might do suddenly. Because being three miles (4.8 km) from the Pentagon (the U.S. War Department), I figure we're all vaporized here at the house before we even have a chance to know what's going on.
It let's me sleep at night; but it's admittedly kind of a twisted comfort. На здоровье! :beer:

Nuke Effects.jpg

Last edited:

USSR

Concern "Kalashnikov" has created a lightweight 5.45-mm machine gun RPK-16 with a removable barrel, which can also be used as an assault rifle.
4325528.jpg

USSR

The international military-technical forum "ARMY 2016" (Russia)
I will post photos and videos there.

Another Ahab

Do all the sensors (visual, infrared, etc.) feed back to a human operator (remote)?

Or is the machine fully-automated (operating completely independent of a real-time human operator)?
Makes you wonder if it's only a matter of time. Who knows?

Sooner or later, we might be slipping into the story where the "Us" vs "Them" is just like the movie.

25 years? 50 years?

But it's only a movie. Right?!

https://youtu.be/cizCzpiDdLU

USSR

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks