• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modern Russian Army in the photos.

Another Ahab

The backpack as an ammo carrier makes so much sense, it makes you wonder how nobody thought of that sooner (my squad weapon was the M-60 and we had (2) ammo carriers with me in the squad). The weight of those 7.62mm rounds added up fast though. I was glad enough to carry the M-60 alone (without the belts).

How many rounds are those backpacks rated to carry?

USSR

The backpack as an ammo carrier makes so much sense, it makes you wonder how nobody thought of that sooner (my squad weapon was the M-60 and we had (2) ammo carriers with me in the squad). The weight of those 7.62mm rounds added up fast though. I was glad enough to carry the M-60 alone (without the belts).

How many rounds are those backpacks rated to carry?

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Almost 5 belts; that's a lot of one-man firepower.

In 7.62mm I'll bet that's close to 30-35 lbs (14-16 kg). That's a hefty load.
Can be burned through in a very brief time. (Ahab, I'm sure you're very aware of that). Very very heavy till needed. I'll end here, cause it could be construed as not MV related.

USSR

Almost 5 belts; that's a lot of one-man firepower.

In 7.62mm I'll bet that's close to 30-35 lbs (14-16 kg). That's a hefty load.

Characteristics
Weight: 4.1 kg without ammunition assembly.
Capacity:
475 rounds of ammunition in the main compartment
75 in the flexible sleeve.
Dimensions:
45*10*30 box,
160*2,5*10 Feed

Another Ahab

Characteristics
Weight: 4.1 kg without ammunition assembly.
Capacity:
475 rounds of ammunition in the main compartment
75 in the flexible sleeve.
Dimensions:
45*10*30 box,
160*2,5*10 Feed
Are the rounds 7.62mm (or whatever the Russian equivalent is to that)?

USSR

I can't get the video to load for some reason, but are you referring to the vid about the Typhoon-Class sub?
Typhoons in the deep modernization today. This super sub with the eternal body (the body is completely made of titanium)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks