• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modern Russian Army in the photos.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:funny:

I know you didn't mean to crack any kind of joke, plowboy. Because we like our buddy, USSR, of course.

But you're trapped by your keyboard, and even though you didn't mean it, your post is funny!
Where is our man USSR? He's the only one that can get this thread back on track!.......Our news doesn't cover Modern Russian Army photos.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TU-114's lineage is indeed traced to the TU-95. It's been long suspected that since most "civil" aircrews were military "reserve" what better way to prepare for an invasion of a foreign land than to retain the GLASS NOSE so your "civil" bombardier can get lots of practice while serving as the "navigator".

Kinda makes the opening scenes of the original RED DAWN movie a bit more plausible, doesn't it?

It makes every scheduled commercial flight a "military training run" into and over a potential future target. Pilots and crew flying a commercialized version of the same bombers that would be deployed in the event of war. AND it's a revenue generator - sell all those seats instead of military funding!!!

Tell me - - - What other country's aircraft manufacturers put glass noses on their airliners? They even kept the lower frontal BOMB SIGHT (typically optically "fine") pane in the mosaic of glass panels!!!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

The TU-114's lineage is indeed traced to the TU-95. It's been long suspected that since most "civil" aircrews were military "reserve" what better way to prepare for an invasion of a foreign land than to retain the GLASS NOSE so your "civil" bombardier can get lots of practice while serving as the "navigator".

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
I wondered about that glass nose.

But funny because I didn't dwell on it to try and figure it out.

So I'm going to skip completing my job application for Rocket Scientist. I don't qualify. :doh:

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
tu95_ttr95.jpg The TU-95M is the latest derivative of the TU-95 line. The glass nose has been replaced by a dome that houses an array of electronics gear. I don't know if these aircraft are new build or a modification of existing aircraft.

Another Ahab

It is our nation's Independence Day.

Wishing cheers to our friends everywhere, and confusion to the enemies of our Constitution anywhere.

Long live the Republic, and a Happy Blazing Fourth to all!

USSR

Where is our man USSR? He's the only one that can get this thread back on track!.......Our news doesn't cover Modern Russian Army photos.
I'm here. Just certain circumstances did not allow me to visit this forum for a long time)

USSR

In the communications units of the Western Military District, stationed in the Leningrad, Belgorod and Kaliningrad regions, unified command and staff machines (UCSM) P-149MA1 arrived.
c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy80LzMvNDM1MTQ5Njc3NTM5Nl9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD05NDM5OA==.jpg

USSR

Two dozen crews perform in the military rally near Volgograd. As racing cars are used KamAZ and UAZ.Organizers already compare this tournament with the famous races "Paris - Dakar". Ahead - hundreds of miles of off-road, sand dunes, fields and marshes. For a week drivers should drive Astrakhan, Elista and return to Volgograd.
https://youtu.be/RWEXPdop3Eg

USSR

The Southern Military District was the first in Russia to receive the Tiger-M armored vehicles equipped with the latest combat module Arbalet-DM
1497956898_91001d5dc9656071ffd4e6f06e4ebc01.jpg1497956949_ab47e0a5c2bf9985426896f38ed4ea9e.jpg

USSR

Kazan Aviation Plant conducted the first industrial welding of the first serial strategic missile carrier Tu-160M2.
4434502_3cb5cffa0bcfd9b87ddf3755d9e16031.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks