• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modified M35/M37 Windshields

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
https://polaris.lunasecure.com/MemphisEquipment/images/1277116jtm-i.jpg

So here is a modified M37 windshield from Memphis. There are at least two companies that made these for deuces also. Who has one? I am thinking of making one for my M37. I am leaning towards removing the vertical upright in the center and having a one piece windshield. Does anyone have the corner radius? Any thoughts?

Tanner

1-Piece windshield

Contact DAP here on the SS forum - he has a '37 with a 1-piece windshield. His was locally made, as I recall from speaking with him & seeing his truck. Glass shop up near Charlotte, NC area(?) cut his glass for him. I believe that his frame was a modified M37 stock windshield frame with center post removed & sheetmetal welded to frame to form the large rectangular opening. I recall that he used a soup can or something along that lines to trace the corner radii.

Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite - View Profile: DAP

'Tanner'

Last edited: