• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modify and build my m998

Action

5584151 and 5514852 are the pieces to make the door jamb between the fenders and sponsons. Use the factory parts and maybe it will fit better?

TOM R

So the rest of the bolts down the bed sides, manual says 1/4-20 bolts, holes in sponson are too big even with washers, is that size a typo?

TOM R

Today's progress , picked up the windshield frame from welder, he put the military roof mount tabs on that hpg sells

Driver's radiator armor I got from eastern yesterday is installed

Picked up a used sponson from eastern with missing rear cone ,removed cone from my damaged one just to realize the cone is damaged ugh, radius is flattened some, we made some attempt at massaging the radius but even with a rosebud it's slow progress

Got the center pipe and the driver sponson noches up for now

Center pipe I got 2"OD .120 wall mechanical tubing figure that should be sufficient since it much heavier wall then the sponson pipes20210311_181242.jpg20210311_133707.jpg20210311_181321.jpg20210311_181344.jpg

TOM R

Today's progress the cone I needed to use was deformed with a flattened radius, after several heat and beat test and reheat beat and test fit cone is welded on and the sponsons are both mounted with the center pipe in place we will try to dolly it smoother before painting and I need seam sealer for the seam

Now when we are all done do I do the entire perimeter of the sponsons with silicone or something because those gaskets are not gonna keep out anything

tomorrow is the hatch I hope20210312_191423.jpg20210312_191417.jpg

Action

Did you install new gaskets? From memory, the gasket is slightly taller than the spacers. Slantbacks leak. Make sure your heater works good to keep the windshield fog free in the rain.

TOM R

It opens and closes perfect that's the odd thing

I'm thinking I made the center pipe too long keeping that driver sponson a little off but noone wants to tell me how long that center pipe should be so I measured and guessed

TOM R

So measuring the roof mounts and then the mounts on the windshield frame and sponsons, it appears the passenger sponson is forward 1/4" then I saw this where the seats being held off the body by the sponson

Now I can probably get that sponson back the 1/4" but that's going to throw off the hatch even worse since the rear pins don't adjust20210315_134315.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks