• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mods-clarification when actioning a thread/post

sed6

A ton of for sale just got locked and that left me wondering why. The lack of a mod comment as to why the thread(s) were locked left my wondering. Due dillagance led me to read the rules hyperlinked to on the THREAD LOCKED banner but still I couldn't figure out what rule was broken.

Now there's nothing wrong with thinking members should know and abide by ALL the rules, however a comment as to which specific rule was infringed could be benificial to all. Lots of other forums I participate in do just that and it serves as a good reminder to the members of how to conduct oneself.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Were these your ads? Were they posted in the classifieds forum? What were the titles of the threads so that they can be researched?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I surely can't find what you are speaking of. Hopefully you can add more details so that I can find the issue.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really don't understand your problem either. I don't see any locked classified ads.

As a practice, mods don't lock classifieds ads. Seeing as how the thread starter is the only one that can post to the ads, we only delete them and even that is a rare occasion other than old ads where the item has been sold.

You do know that you can't post comments to any classifieds ads, don't you?

Most of the time, when somebody breaks a rule, the offender will get a warning reminding them of the rule they broke.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A ton of for sale just got locked and that left me wondering why. The lack of a mod comment as to why the thread(s) were locked left my wondering. Due dillagance led me to read the rules hyperlinked to on the THREAD LOCKED banner but still I couldn't figure out what rule was broken.

Now there's nothing wrong with thinking members should know and abide by ALL the rules, however a comment as to which specific rule was infringed could be benificial to all. Lots of other forums I participate in do just that and it serves as a good reminder to the members of how to conduct oneself.
I'm not sure what " a ton of for sale" is but I can't find any recently locked threads. If you can link them, that would be great. On almost every thread that gets a lock, one of the last posts explains why. It's not always the last post as mods may add info after it's locked. Hopefully we can find these locked threads.

sed6

You do know that you can't post comments to any classifieds ads, don't you?
Uh well now I feel stupid. Did not know that. I saw that big yellow banner and my inability to reply and jumped to the locked conclusion! My bad, Thanks for being gentle all!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks