• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mods for smoke stack to clear bigger tires

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm running 9.00-20s with no clearance issues.

w3azel

I almost choked on my drink laughing at your reply. How much rubbing are you experiencing and is it always or just when you hit a bump and the suspension compresses? It could be as easy as adjusting the mount on the fender or heating the tube and bending it or having to cut and weld up a full new exhaust.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I used to have a lot of scrubbing with just 395's. I still have some scrubbing. However I simply loosened everything up on the clamps and moved it up 1 or 2". That helped a great deal. My old bobber had a burnt out J pipe. Ended up getting the exhaust replaced at a shop with a custom bent one that hugged the fender. That would have cleared a 14.00 easily I think...

OD in my veins

thanks guys, this is the help I was looking for. the rubbing isn't all that bad so I'll start with patracy"s advice and loosen all the clamps and try to slide it up. I'll keep you up to speed with how it works. eagle4g63 copying the a3 pipe is what I should do someday.