• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mods to the battery box

Z71

I am fed up with lousy quality 6TL batteries I have been using for years, so I want to try a pair of automotive batteries (group 24 and 24F?).

They cost half as much as 6TLs and should fit into the stock battery box just fine with some spacers in between. Should I place a piece of plywood on the bottom of the box or is it OK to place these batteries on the two raised metal ribs in the box, just like the 6TLs?

What is the best spacer to use to be able to use the stock hold down bracket on top? A couple of pieces of 2x4 or 4x4 wood?

I know I'll need a longer connecting link between the batteries. Any idea how long it needs to be?

Scarecrow1

I replaced mine with 2 31 series commercial nationwide batteries. They sit on two one inch boards just to keep them from contacting the ribs I will go back and secure them more when and if I ever have time to work on the truck that is ,,,,,,,,

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I like that one better as well. Since I will need to replace the MDF in mine at some point I think I will do something more like Bill W did. Always room for improvement!
Bill is really particular-when I saw his deuce for the first time, I tried to tell him how nice it was but he just yelled at me to stay away from it.

:)

Blendmaster2002

Currently I am running 2 group 24 battery's in my M36A2 the pic is from a truck I sold but same set up, eventually I would like to turn the battery’s the other way to put in a third Battery for 12v and add a GM style alternator.

Attachments

Bill W

Bill is really particular-when I saw his deuce for the first time, I tried to tell him how nice it was but he just yelled at me to stay away from it.

:)
HEY I DIDN"T YELL...Ahm...I did not yell at you... I spoke sternly :roll: