• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MONGO kept me alive!

DXTAC

Mongo saved my life last night!! Was scheduled to work until 2400 last night but was let go early at about 2115. The snow was so bad driving home I literally could not see the end of the hood! Ordinarily my drive is 20 minutes and 13 or so miles, NOT last night! I decided to take the roads MORE traveled by and went the longer way. Snow was on average about 6-8 inches deep with drifts up to about 2 feet on every road but Mongo in 4 High had no issues. I was about 5 miles from the house and I blew a wiper blade, it just flung off due to the buildup of ice. No problem I thought, I'll just switch the PS onto the DS. Well in the process of removing the PS blade the plastic retainer snapped and I was left with a wiper blade in my hand and no way to attach it. So i did what anyone 5 miles from home would do, I rolled down the window and wiped every few seconds as I drove. I was looking through an area of the windshield about 6 inches wide and using the opposite shoulder as a guide to where I was in the road. Well needless to say I made it home and into my subdivision that had NOT been plowed at all and had to stick Mongo into 4 Low due to the depth. I made it to literally the front of my house and was high spotted on a drift then said F%$K it and locked him up and went inside!

I truly believe he saved my life as I saw snow plows, trucks, emergency vehicles and other miscellaneous vehicles ditched throughout my drive. I have a new found respect for my ride and vow to pay him back!! Attached is a picture of how he was when I woke up this morning. After about 3 hours of snow blowing, shoveling and help from some OUTSTANDING neighbors, he fired right up and was parked in his stall to thaw!

Attachments

Milbikes

Sounds like a great truck for sure. Driving conditions like that really remind us of the power of nature. I just had a wiper come off of mine today, and one last week. The NAPA replacements all have plastic "Universal" mounts. The NAPA guy looked at my wiper arms and said the fittings for that arm should be metal. He had a listing for 15" and 17", but not the 16" my truck calls for. I'll be looking for the metal ones.

wikallen

That is a good reminder to me that I need to buy a spare set of blades for my deuce, and another set for my daily driver pickup. I usually keep a spare set in my pickup, but had to replace them while out one day. Its funny how something so simple can make such a huge difference in conditions such as this weeks blizzard.

bratpackdad

Glad you made it back safe...was your trip like this??

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jm9oIfZEOQ&playnext=1&list=PLD6EC55CC85A8504F[/media]

DXTAC

That's EXACTLY what it was like except with 50 MPH winds and snow instead of rain!!

I will be off to the store today to buy TWO sets of wiper blades!

mikelee

Was really impressed with my 1008 we got the snow storm and it did amazing!!! Where others could go no more we kept moving along I know my Jeep Wrangler would not have made the trip with the fat tires really impressed me. even got to work on time.