• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Montana titles from GP

Aviator85

Does anyone have any experience with getting the montana off-road title? How long it takes to get it and such? (HMMWV already in my possession) I purchased a title back mid-ish Sept. Gov planet latest updated said the paperwork was sent to Montana Oct 20th. Is this normal ops on length of time? Anyone else waiting longer/shorter?

jeffy777

I have the same issue. Bought the Humvee in June. Got the Humvee in October. Got told in Novembers oops but they will rush it. Got told yesterday it will be 3-4 more weeks. So... If you get yours I will be happy to hear about it. Gov Planet is not so great about the paperwork it would appear to me.

chickenbutt

My EUC was approved 9/19. I received my title 11/25. I ordered it before my EUC was approved. The wait time was typically 1 month, but I heard the title process was taking a bit longer now for some reason.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
We have been having some issues with MT. We had the process smooth in FL until they decided to act crazy on HV titles. The central office in MT is in the process of moving locations it is a 60 mile move and has slowed them down drastically. I have a batch that I sent them in September that they have yet to send back. They didn't even process them until October 25th and still havent used the return label to send them. They might have to reprint them. I have gotten a batch back with about 60 MT titles from October that we are processing now and getting ready to send out now hopefully on door steps by next week early. If you send me a message I can check and see if any of you guys is in there. I promise I am yelling at them everyday trying to get something done.

kfrosty

We have been having some issues with MT. We had the process smooth in FL until they decided to act crazy on HV titles. The central office in MT is in the process of moving locations it is a 60 mile move and has slowed them down drastically. I have a batch that I sent them in September that they have yet to send back. They didn't even process them until October 25th and still havent used the return label to send them. They might have to reprint them. I have gotten a batch back with about 60 MT titles from October that we are processing now and getting ready to send out now hopefully on door steps by next week early. If you send me a message I can check and see if any of you guys is in there. I promise I am yelling at them everyday trying to get something done.
Sent you a PM. I purchased on in June and still have yet to receive my MT title.

RIDEBANSHEE

I purchased one on 1-4-17 and never had an option to purchase a Montana title. I'm still waiting for my euc to be approved. Is there something I can do now?? Thanks

Sintorion

If you want to do work in Fla at the state level, you need a lobbyist. PM me if you decide you want to try to get back to what you were doing in FLA and I will give you a few names. This is how the golf cart industry was able to get them street legal. DHSMV likes money, but you have to be able to work your way around the road blocks.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
10 posts in a thread about a Montana title and not one of the people posting lives in Montana.
Yikes!!!
It was not how to get a title in MT, but that if you wanted to buy a title from Gp with you purchase of a HMMWV the title would be issued by Mt.

BLK HMMWV

So basically it is a work around to get a off highway only vehicle on the road.
Still nobody from Montana on this thread. They don't register the vehicle in Montana do they.
How do you do that if you don't live there.
Just curious.

ryanruck

Still nobody from Montana on this thread. They don't register the vehicle in Montana do they.
Just curious.
No, after Florida quit issuing off road titles GP switched to Montana for off road titles.

jeffy777

Just curious.

The Montana Title is not saying the new owner is in Montana. GP has an office in Montana and they transfer their ownership of the HMMWV from SF-97 to Montana Title then they send you a Montana title with their name on it signed over to the buyer with their name on it.

It is not illegal or illogical of a process. This also is not a workaround to get the 'Off-Highway' designation although it is a necessary part of a process to get rid of the 'Off-Road' designation. Having a title makes for having insurance and the possibility of a Plates and Title where the SF-97 is not accepted.

Jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks