• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Montgomery, TX to DeRidder, LA to ???

m715mike

I'm making plans to transport my Deuce from Montgomery, Texas (my home) to Jeepsinker in DeRidder, Louisiana (which is near Fort Polk). I'm exploring several options. One of which includes having it hauled on a 53-foot drop deck trailer that has ramps. A gentleman I've known for quite a while owns the truck and trailer. He has experience hauling military vehicles and doing pick-ups at military installations. This option is only feasible if I can find him a backhaul to Texas or another load out of DeRidder.

I am relatively flexible on timing, but hope to move my truck in the next week or so.

So, does anyone have something they need moved from the north side of Houston to DeRidder, Louisiana?

And, does anyone have something they need hauled out of DeRidder, Louisiana?

Let me know what you have and where it needs to go. Hopefully we can coordinate on the transportation.

archmark

I just won an M105A2 utility trailer located at Ft. Polk and need it picked up and safely stored off base until I can retrieve it or have it delivered to Waco, TX. You might have already made your road trip, but if not give me a shout. Thanks...

Mark
archmark@aol.com
(254)722-5930

m715mike

Mark, I just called and left you a voicemail. I may be able to help. Give me a shout back when you get a minute.

Michael
(936) 672-6943

m715mike

My Deuce was delivered to Jeepsinker in DeRidder, Louisiana today!

Load out 7.jpg :driver:

Once the engine is repaired, I will drive it home from DeRidder, Louisiana to Montgomery, Texas. I plan to tow archmark's M105 trailer on the way home.

Let me know if there is anything else that needs a lift from DeRidder to the north side of Houston. Let's put the SS Express to work! I'll bump this thread again when my truck is repaired and I know a date for the trip home.

coxju04

Michael,
Did Mark ever call back? I maybe able to help picking it up from you and tow it back to him. My sister lives in Alex, and I was planning on going to visit her. Then come by and pick it up and have him meet me in Temple or Troy area, as I live in Temple which is about a 30min drive from Waco. Only one problem, I'm at work and work is in Saudi and I'm not due to be home until the Middle of April.
Thanks,
Jude

m715mike

Michael,
Did Mark ever call back? I maybe able to help picking it up from you and tow it back to him. My sister lives in Alex, and I was planning on going to visit her. Then come by and pick it up and have him meet me in Temple or Troy area, as I live in Temple which is about a 30min drive from Waco. Only one problem, I'm at work and work is in Saudi and I'm not due to be home until the Middle of April.
Thanks,
Jude

The current plan is for me to deliver Mark's trailer to him at the Texas Rally on April 1st. I may even pick up some tires for him in route.

I grew up in Saudi. Where do you work?

archmark

Michael,
Thanks,
Jude
Jude:

I think everything is set up with Michael. He'll tow my trailer back from Jeepsinker's, swing by Shearerlegal's and grab some tires and we'll meet at the TX FMN Rally in College Station...

Mark

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope no one is trying to come across I-10. It's closed at the LA/TX border due to high water. I-20 is still okay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks