• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MOOSE Hunt 2014

snoplay

we have a great time its every year family event !! its always an adventure! last year we had water over the hoods of the M35 s , you know when a deuce floats its a lot of water :)

oddshot

we have a great time its every year family event !! its always an adventure! last year we had water over the hoods of the M35 s , you know when a deuce floats its a lot of water :)
Did the bobber with the trailer have any problems keeping up with the rest of the convoy out there?

ageregunner

What a tremendous way to utilize the military vehicles. I often think of using my deuce as a camping platform, especially for spring turkey season in the big woods of PA.

rustystud

That's awesome. I so want to go to Alaska.
That also is on my bucket list. I want to take my son on the "ALCAN" highway in the deuce before I die. My father helped build it before the war and used to tell us kids all these amazing stories about Alaska. I have gone on two cruises but that is not the same as getting into the interior and really seeing Alaska.

CUCVLOVER

That also is on my bucket list. I want to take my son on the "ALCAN" highway in the deuce before I die. My father helped build it before the war and used to tell us kids all these amazing stories about Alaska. I have gone on two cruises but that is not the same as getting into the interior and really seeing Alaska.
That's cool your father worked on it. Did the crews really make 8 miles A day?
Taking the trip in a duece that's great.
I've thought about using a duece with a small travel trailer on the back.
I really want to go a hunt and fish and just enjoy the solitude.
Ya I like being out in the back woods. Alaska seems like the perfect place. Other than that its Canada. I also plan to see all the lower 48.

rustystud

That's cool your father worked on it. Did the crews really make 8 miles A day?
Taking the trip in a duece that's great.
I've thought about using a duece with a small travel trailer on the back.
I really want to go a hunt and fish and just enjoy the solitude.
Ya I like being out in the back woods. Alaska seems like the perfect place. Other than that its Canada. I also plan to see all the lower 48.
Somedays they made more miles. Other days they where stuck in the "Permafrost" ! He once told of an area that they dumped truck load after truck load of rock and it just sank out of sight. Took three days of filling before it stopped sinking.

Another Ahab

Alaska is raw; a buddy of mine leads wilderness trips along some of the rivers:

- Says you see a Grizzly, then you're already too close.

- Says a Grizzly sees (or more likely, smells) you then you're close to toast.

Grizzly Bear like meat as I understand it. Any kind of meat.

Alaska. Special place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks