• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More Confusing Deuce ID Stuff

jnolco

Hi Guys (generic term),
Just another newbe with Deuce ID questions, ( I have read everything I could find on site, thought I would be a permenant unlogged user. Had registration problems.) Any way here goes Got a Deuce... older style (sits lower than an AM General), box seat M35A2, with winch, No doors or hood when I got it... no hood #'s. Dash plate newer condition, says Reo Motors s/n 0125-30957 no manufacturer's date. No frame numbers I can find, left or right side. Don't see date on differential tags. small numbers on rear diffs under tags 7 3 or8 67 3 I'm thinking 7/3/67? It's definately an A2 multi fuel, air shift transfer case... now see if I can get some pics on here... I appreciate any help. Really like the site and the coments.

Jeff

Attachments

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The dash data plate is a replacement.

ASSUMING the VIN number on it is correct, its a 1967 Kaiser-Jeep. IF that is the case, it is stamped on the driver's side frame rail. Your photo drivers 011.jpg is the right gerneral area - but it looks like you've scraped an inch or two too low. The registration number of the vehicle was 4K5947, and it should also be on the rear of the bed or tailgate - under several layers of paint.

Best wishes,
David Doyle

jnolco

Thanks for the quick reply David, I going out with my scraper now. Where on the bed and tail gate? Man that is some tuff paint.

Jeff

jnolco

Woops... Put the wrong serial # in the first post should be 0125- 30735 (NOT 30957) sorry. Here are some pics of the faint markings maybe someone can make them out. Again, any help much appreciated I'm trying to get it street legal. Thanks

Jeff

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Devilman96s 67 deuce had the numbers behind that frame rail handle in pic drivers side 002.

jnolco

Thanks, I'm in Palmer, I have the only labrator retreiver that doesn't like to ride and I think I have one of the only deuce without frame number.

Jeff

jimm1009

I would like to suggest using paint stripper on the frame in those areas suspected of having the VIN or Serial Number.
The reason is that I have a 1968 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2 WO/W and I started using red scotchbrite on a low speed drill and actually started to remove one of the digits in the numbers from the steel frame. I can still read it but it is now forever slightly damaged. Once again hind sight is always 20/20.
My VIN is in the forward area where the heavy sanding took place in the above pics and the frame part number and another unknown number (not reg. no.) are at the top shock mount area.
Jim in Lafayette, Louisiana area
jimm1009@yahoo.com

nattieleather

Your bumper markings look like 6 ID 1 BDE HQ 52. Which means the truck was with the 6th Invatry Division 1st Bridage and was assigned to the Brigade Head Quarters and is the 52nd truck in the order of march...meaning in the units convoy it is the 52nd truck in the line.

jnolco

Thanks for the replies, I'll keep looking.....some guys have all the luck....... does registration # 4K5766 (stenciled inside hard top) mean anything to anyone? I'm sure I have some stripper around here somewhere.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: More Confusing Deuce ID Stuff

nattieleather said:
Your bumper markings look like 6 ID 1 BDE HQ 52. Which means the truck was with the 6th Invatry Division 1st Bridage and was assigned to the Brigade Head Quarters and is the 52nd truck in the order of march...meaning in the units convoy it is the 52nd truck in the line.
Doesn't necessarily mean 52nd truck in the line. Usually it is unit specific SOP for numbering.

HQ66 usually meant an alternate command vehicle such as a command tank or apc.

Since most combat arms BDE's had an S5 (civil affairs) section, this could be the second vehicle for that section. I can;t remember how big that section was but I thought they were only one or two folks. Flip side is that leads me to believe this is an S5 vehicle is most vehices with HQ belong to the staff section. Headquarters and Headquarters Company usually had an HHC.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks