• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More fuel line questions

CA_LEO

So I did a search and did not find what I was looking for. My hard lines, that run from the back of the IP to the cylinders, are leaking from the fittings on the back of the IP. I checked the nuts and they are all tight, some of them felt to tight when I tried to loosen them. I am wondering if that was part of the problem. Anyhow, what is the best place to get new lines, is this a common occurrence, and are there better options out there then the OEM lines? Thanks in advance.

CA_LEO

In case anybody else runs into this problem the gm part number is 15633212. Found it on eBay for the '85+ models. They do not fit the 84 models real well without some bending by hand.

CA_LEO

It's actually an '86 but my understanding is they are all built to '84 specs for the military. My brother, dad and I pretty much had to straighten them out a little bit then re-bend them to snake around the intake manifold. We were careful not to crimp any of them and when you lined them up with the ones I pulled off they were very close.