• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More Hmmwv pics

axemann

Hi interesting AC set up, why the Red Dot and the M1114 set up, you must be freezing :)

Have you got any pictures of the inside and how the rest of the 1114 AC unit mounts?

Randy646

My police department got a HMMWV from the old LESO program. It's a 1985 M966. We are a small department in a rural area. All agencies depend upon one another out here and one big call will mean all police departments will be tied up . We are sharing it with other police departments and fire departments. Our fire department is very interested in it and is advising us on ideas. The local community college painted it for us, the turrent was removed and sealed up. We have to put emergency lights, radio, siren, decals and other equipment in it yet. Total cost will be around three grand when completed due to donations, already having the items and hard work on our own. I will post more pictures when its completed. It's great to have the HMMWV to help people. We have local active service members and Vets that were excited to see it and help out.

The last picture is a before we picked it up shot. I hope you don't mind me putting it on this thread but it is still a HMMWV.

Attachments

Last edited:

Randy646

Thanks BLK HMMWV,

It's a slow progress for us but it will be done for winter. Hoping to get some chains or even mattracks for ice. It's great to see the Vets light up and want to drive it.

Looks like the Wright-Patterson AFB DRMO yard. There were a ton of HMMWVs that I would drool at when I would drive by this past summer. :p Not so much these days as they have moved quite a few. It seems to be mainly 5 tons and tractors now - and trailers.

Attachments

Randy646

Looks like the Wright-Patterson AFB DRMO yard. There were a ton of HMMWVs that I would drool at when I would drive by this past summer. :p Not so much these days as they have moved quite a few. It seems to be mainly 5 tons and tractors now - and trailers.

You would be correct. Ours is taking on some work as it needs a new rear CV boot and a new ball joint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks