• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More horsepower for my m813

EricTheHoly

I’m looking to give my m813 more power I have a built 6.7 Cummins out of my truck that burnt down. it makes 1100hp around 2000ft pounds of torque. Would I be better off putting the 6.7 in my truck or boosting and building the 250 Cummins

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It will be alright as long as you aren't loading the truck hard. The spicer 5 speed won't hold it. You will need a transmission in the 13 or 15 or 18 spd for heavier applications. Lots of work . Engine is half the size of the NHC250.

Better to swap in a Big Cam as it will be the simplest swap with the most power gain

EricTheHoly

It will be alright as long as you aren't loading the truck hard. The spicer 5 speed won't hold it. You will need a transmission in the 13 or 15 or 18 spd for heavier applications. Lots of work . Engine is half the size of the NHC250.

Better to swap in a Big Cam as it will be the simplest swap with the most power gain
I’ve heard 8.3 make big power with a few things done to them

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I’ve heard 8.3 make big power with a few things done to them
But it won't last. Small engine with lots of mods for power = dead early in life in a truck being worked. Some 8.3s with gobs of power are in boats that have the whole lake for a cooling system. 8.3s are also more costly than a big cam to acquire. And they are not a fairly direct swap into an 813.

tobyS

Take a good look at 98G's truck in the classified or maybe he can give a link to a build thread. He may have some good suggestions. I love his truck but went the deuce route. The 809 bobbed....yea mon.

Hey wes, did you get the pto?

Reactions: 98G

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Take a good look at 98G's truck in the classified or maybe he can give a link to a build thread. He may have some good suggestions. I love his truck but went the deuce route. The 809 bobbed....yea mon.

Hey wes, did you get the pto?
Yeah i got it.