• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More Muffler Madness

5tonpuller

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=22739&highlight=muffler

Ok I put a NAPA muffler 21470 on my truck ( as you can see in the post above )

I set it up so I could use ether the stock stack OR the muffler. It is like a 5 min. change over.
The cone is made from 1/4 wall thick steel tubbing 3/4 long with a 5/8 outside 30% angle on ether end.
Used 2 NAPA adapters 41865. 1 NAPA adapter 41657 and had it stretched at muffler shop to 3 1/2 ID. I had to cut the J pipe 5" because of the door. Took that peace with me to make sure it fits tight. Loose is no good.
Beleave it or not the muffler weight is only 3-4 Lbs. more then the stack pipe. WOW
( what do I know )
Bent one mirror bracket with a conduit bender some. The other bracket came from a 5
ton tractor. For some reason it was 2" longer then the one that was on the wrecker.

All these things got wielded on to there other parts.
One NAPA collier 35496.
Now to change all it takes it a 1/2 wrench. Mind you if you have run it for more then 20 minutes things are HOT !! So gloves or wait till it cools some before you change things.
He is some picture of the project. ( hope the servers don't dump me for the band with I used )

Now I can hear my self think. :p :lol:

Attachments

sermis

I can say it makes a lot of difference. Sound wise it is possible to go to town w/o hearing protection and still here when you get here. I still wear protection most of the time and make the kids wear it but it is that much quitter. If you mount it low watch out for the windshield wing nut and bolt. I need a taller stack. With the taller bed cover it does not clear.

Attachments

sermis

When I put my muffler on I had found one at a local muffler shop that was a little shorter and bigger around. I opted for the NAPA. I then noticed that part of the can on the NAPA is not insulated which caused the paint to burn off. When I do another truck I am going to look a little more and see if I can find one that is insulated all the way.
I like the idea on being able to swap back to the pipe but I would never go back due to the noise. No offense but it kind of looks goofy with the can that far in the air.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks