• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mostly stock deuce on a tractor pull sled!

minigunmike

We had a ton of fun my dad and cousin were in the truck I was videoing so I didn't get to ride! We are just running the NDT tires and stock rims nothing to crazy. I figure a couple tweaks and we will be at the full pull mark :D

dmetalmiki

That looked fun, I like the singles, on your m34. We pulled a sled like that "out of the ring" much to the amazement of the crowd, in my M54A2 camper. Never did try the deuce though I think it would fare less as it runs on 1200x20. singled out.

minigunmike

We are running 60 in the front and 50 in the back. For some reason that's where they stabilized we had them all at 60 but the backs keep going down to 50 and staying there. The track was absolutely perfect for pulling it was slightly dusty but wasn't to dry.

Another Ahab

We are running 60 in the front and 50 in the back. For some reason that's where they stabilized we had them all at 60 but the backs keep going down to 50 and staying there. The track was absolutely perfect for pulling it was slightly dusty but wasn't to dry.
You mean the deuce had a CTIS?

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only thing I have learned with the couple pulls I have done is use low range, first gear. Speed doesn't help us with the such low power these trucks, we need the torque more than the speed.

minigunmike

You mean the deuce had a CTIS?
It doesn't have CTIS that's just the way they have been settling I guess. It could be that there is a leak... in all four tires that mysteriously stops at 50# or something. I'd say its the neighbors messing with us but popping 10# out of a set of truck tires is kinda lame.

The only thing I have learned with the couple pulls I have done is use low range, first gear. Speed doesn't help us with the such low power these trucks, we need the torque more than the speed.
I was actually kinda surprised it got as far as it did in 2nd. I pull lawn tractors so using that logic I figured 2nd would be a good starting point but it definitely needed the torque over momentum!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks