• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

motor change

bbf

have a 900 series with a 250 cummins witch is n/g and i want to replace it with a 8.3 cummins . will it fit or is it a major pain

supermechanic

An engine in the same family as the 250 will be easier, (270,290, 335, 350 & such) but if you already have an 8.3 that make a big difference.
be aware the 8.3 is 505 cubic inches, the 250 (& family) is 855 cubic inches. No replacement for displacement.
sounds like a project, go for it

M939 Series
Engine
Cummins NHC-250 Diesel- M939 and M939A1 series
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 Litre Turbocharged Diesel- M939A2 series trucks
-Interesting note- the 6CTA8.3 is smaller than the NHC250, rated at a slightly lower HP. It is identifiable by A) its single-cast head, B) it's turbocharger, and C) its smaller size

halftrack

It would be a major under taking. Different radiator is used, different intakes, different exhaust piping, different linkages, ....etc . its more than just simply switching a motor out.

jasonjc

I'd say it's more doable than most as all the parts are already made and out there to get. Just look thought the parts book to see what is difrent and you will see what you need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks