• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Motor City Motors - another Deuce on TV

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a show on a few years ago called Junk Yard Wars (on cable, may still be on) where they put two teams of 4 or 5 people against each other. They had to build their project in a specific period of time, with parts they got from a junk yard. The teams had to do all their own design and fabrication including cutting, welding, etc.

Not really a reality show in the context we see now, but real people designing and building a machine to acomplish the set goal in a short period of time. Very interesting show.

scooter01922

tow4 i LOVED junkyard wars, what a great show. Though from time to time they did come up with some stuff i have never seen in a junkyard it was still a great atmosphere for innovative designs. Some worked while others failed magnificently. Wish they would bring it back, though the whole deal with the losers vehicles was a bit hinky, the fake furnace and whatnot.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
scooter01922,

Yeah, every now and then there would be something required that I wouldn't expect in a junk yard. I watched to see how the teams would solve problems. I like building things myself and being a mechanical designer by trade, it's always fun to see how designs are deveoped and executed. They had some pretty talented peope on and most of the designs were very inovative.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you click on the link in the first post you can get a preview of what it's going to look like. The only problem is they keep referring to it as a 5 ton but it sure looks like a deuce to me.

tsmall07

Motor City Motors RIGHT NOW

They're turning a deuce into a corn combine. This is the first time I've ever had a vehicle that was featured on a TV show. :-D Not sure how I feel about it, though.

Edit: It's on the Discovery channel.

ctmustang

I can't even stand to finish watching that stupid a$$ show. Dumbest crap I've seen in a long time. Good idea for a show just the wrong group of people.
Just my 3 cents.
CT:evil:

KsM715

was a winch truck

Edit: wonder what happened to the winch? And please dont tell me they just happened to be riding around IN town and just happen onto an empty lot that just happens to be planted with corn. :roll:

Last edited:

mckeeranger

was a winch truck

Edit: wonder what happened to the winch? And please dont tell me they just happened to be riding around IN town and just happen onto an empty lot that just happens to be planted with corn. :roll:
That was about as believable as the corn they were eating actually came out of that thing. What a pile of junk.

At least they didn't really hurt the truck that bad. It's still pretty much intact.

I'll give them $100 for it. :grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks