• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Motor mount cushion question.

toddstal@yahoo.com

Here is my dilema, upon trying trying to replace the front motor mount cushions we contacted memphis equipment for them. To my dismay we got the rear ones, upon calling we were told that they were the same as the fronts.

unfortunately the fronts are completely different. the rears are 3 1/4 inch across at farthest point and the fronts are 2 5/8 at farthest point.
it was explained to us that this truck, a 65' kaiser probably had the lds-427-2 model engine in it. It's been retrofitted with an 88' white 465 1c and the retrofit has some different front mounts..
anyone know more about this, like perhaps where to get these smaller mounts, or a part number i can search for.?

i guess i should be thankful i dont have the "bad engine" but the regular mounts just will not fit in the front.

thanks for any info .

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
We swapped and LDS motor from one truck to another. It was a similar deal. Let me see if I can find the left over mounts and I will get back to you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks