• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Motor Trouble

micky

So the govenor on my White multi-fuel self destructed and rapped for 15 secs. I replaced the gov and got it started only to find a rocker tick. Inspection showed a valve retainer that stressed cracked and slid up and almost over the keepers. A second retainer showed cracks. I replaced all the retainers and keepers and it runs good but I am concerned if I drive it and I missed something the the cost to replace as compared to the cost of inspection/rebuild will break the bank. Any advice?
Thanks, Mick

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Short of pulling the thing down for a major nspection, I think you have done all you can do. You could always pull the oil pan and do an inspection, but that's about it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As long as canned engines have been in the surplus market I don't think you will have a problem finding a rebuildable core engine shoud yours grenade. Maybe shop for a core and start a rebuild now and once its done, you can can it until you need/sell it. If yours ventilates the block half way through, you can speed up the rebuild process.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks