• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Motorhome and M998 Flat Tow

Kora

I am considering to tow a M998 behind a 40 ft motorhome during my recovery. I have a 10,000. pound rated "Blue Ox" tow bar on the motorhome which usually I tow my car with.
My question is; Is that doable? Has any one towed a M998 using a "Blue Ox" tow bar? What are your suggestions?

Thank you in advance. KK

Kora

I suspect the towbar isn't compatible. Does it end in a 3/4" pin?
No it is 5/8".
From your comment, I am assuming the front air lift shackle pin diameter is 3/4". How about the brush guard hinge pin diameter? Are they also 3/4" ?
Thank you for your comments.
KK

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure what the diameter of the brush guard pin is, but it isn't designed as a tow point. I wouldn't do it.

We've got a bunch of people in the OKC area. I suggest finding someone with a set of medium towbars and the correct feet and borrowing them. Of course that brings up the issue of needing a pintle hitch on your tow vehicle.

98G

Kora

I'm not sure what the diameter of the brush guard pin is, but it isn't designed as a tow point. I wouldn't do it.

We've got a bunch of people in the OKC area. I suggest finding someone with a set of medium towbars and the correct feet and borrowing them. Of course that brings up the issue of needing a pintle hitch on your tow vehicle.

98G

Good advise, thank you.
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks