• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Motorsport Tech BORA wheel adapters

18E40

These are the Motorsport Tech Bulletproof Off Road Adapters (BORA) that I recently installed. I went with 2” adapters for the rear axle but I think I would have been happy with 1.5" adapters as well. The guy at Motortech Sports was very helpful when I ordered them and I received them pretty quick, about a week. They are machined to be hub-centric to the axle hub and also feature a wheel-centric lip. I torqued them to 90 lb-ft. No vibrations that I can detect up to 75mph and I don’t notice any differences in turning radius or handling. I did this mod strictly for aesthetic reasons and I do think my M1009 looks better with the BORA adapters making the rear wheels/tires more flush with the front track. That being said, I’m sure it’s made my M1009 somewhat overall less reliable because I’ve introduced another potential failure point. So I am not recommending them to anyone even though I am happy with the BORA adapters and have zero complaints. Just wanted to post this for informational purposes.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks