• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mount for the solar panel battery charge we have all been buying

Rifleman

Well i bought a new solar panel battery charger kit from another S.S. member and have been working on a mount for the panel. So here are some photos of the mount i made, please take a look and tell me what you think.

Please note i don't like to drill holes in my truck so this mount is made in such a way that i didn't drill a single hole in my truck to mount that panel. I still need to find a place to mount the control box, i am thinking about mounting it in the battery box.

As for the push to test panel, i am think about mounting it within easy reach while your seated in the drivers seat, so that means mounting it somewhere on the instrument panel, just not sure where yet.

One thing i don't like about that push to test panel is the way the cable from the solar panel plugs into the bottom of it, i just think it looks ugly the way they did it, i think it would have been better if they would have used a short patch cord like what they did with the control box lead.

I will add more photos to this post when i have mounted the other items.

Attachments

Smokinyoda

Looks good, I was going to mount mine to a plate attached to the top of the spare tire davit. Looks like you could stand on yours, very well built!

Rifleman

Steelandcanvas the reason for the safety wire was due to the fact that i welded the nuts onto the bottom mount, I used the wire to make sure that the bolts won't come lose since the welded nuts are not lock nuts. I know what your thinking it's overkill but with the way our trucks vibrate i just wanted to be sure the bolts won't come lose.

rrrr

My truck had the antenna mount behind the cab. It was the perfect place for the solar panel. Nice job on your install...

Rifleman

RRRR, you must have a much different bed on your truck then i do, mine is a M925 and i don't have all that room between the bed and cab like yours, wish i did i would like an extra tool box.

rrrr

RRRR, you must have a much different bed on your truck then i do, mine is a M925 and i don't have all that room between the bed and cab like yours, wish i did i would like an extra tool box.
I have a M932A1 with a shortened deuce bed.

JOateyNV

Very clean install. I have mine mounted on the hood with magnets. The only problem I have is, I sometimes forget about the "remove before flight" thing. But the panel lets me know by knock on the passengers door at about 40 mph or so. P.S I still have some more kits available. Nice work Rifleman, thanks for sharing.

Scarecrow1

All I can say is it never ceases to amaze me how you guys can make just about anything from scratch. Those are something I have thought about getting myself but, Time is something like money I never seem to have enough of LOL. Thanks for sharing.............

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks