• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mountain Top Militia Deuce build

Streetgliderx

Everybody needs a build thread right? Well here we go. Shopped for a deuce for years. Been a lurker here for a while. Well a while back I pulled the trigger. Here she is when I bought her!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395945546.923683.jpg

Needed batteries, and was over half full of fuel.(which later turned out to be a lot of motor oil and off-road diesel.) ran great, brakes great, price 3500.00 so home she came.

The absolute first mod was a tractor flapper, then it was to fix the burned out 45* off the turbo. Some new wiper blades and adjusted the electric wiper arms correctly and it was ready for the road!

Then I found some MRAP wheels and tires so I grabbed 6. I made my adapters using my TrucutCNC plasma table.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395945818.343447.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395945842.731169.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395945862.353790.jpg
adapterinwheel.jpg

And of course my baby girl had to help out!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393208907.767726.jpg

Next I got the MRAPs and 395s bolted up and was smilin like a hog eatin saw briars.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393632231.209195.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1393632248.901930.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1393632260.830575.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1393632273.647669.jpg

Sourced a winch off a junkyard for 250!

Got it installed, had to build new top plate and back plate, then painted the front grill and bumper black.

Added some lettering to the bumper too. It's my girls first initials and their birth dates.

Then I mounted my cargo cover..... Inside out at first!

Made a new dash panel to carry my Hewitt pyro and boost gauge for the upcoming FDC bypass and fuel tweaks.

Video of them in action!
http://youtu.be/hsedzZNkJeE

Some eye candy

So was installing new tach cable and the wind caught the hood and tried to slam it on my head. I did have the safety hook attached so now I need a new hood latch! Didn't knock my lights out tho! Held in there like a champ.

Last edited:

tobyS

Really looks good StreetgliderX. Nice job installing the winch. Thanks for pictures.

Have you read the threats about caster angle when going up in tire size on the deuce? Lots of guys say it makes a big improvement if it's a couple degrees positive.

Streetgliderx

Have you read the threats about caster angle when going up in tire size on the deuce? Lots of guys say it makes a big improvement if it's a couple degrees positive.
Well mine was singled out by the military so I wonder if maybe they made some modification to it cause at speed it's very stable.

tobyS

Well mine was singled out by the military so I wonder if maybe they made some modification to it cause at speed it's very stable.

If not a problem, would you take a picture of the spring and axle mount block, especially if the caster angle is visible. I thought you were singling it out.