• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mounted 50 cal AMMO CAN STORAGE TRAYS on HMMWV?

tigertank

Yes i searched but cudnt find much.... Anyone have pics of the 50 cam tray mounted in the bed of humvee? I have 5 single trays but wud like to see some pics before i mount them. The 2 holes on the bottom one a a small ring arounf and 1 doesnt makes mount a lttle tricky

Lawdog734

The locations are in Appendix F7 of the Operators Manual, but if someone doesn't get you pics by tomorrow I'll try to get some of mine for you.

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The holes are predrilled for the ammo trays in the rear of the HMMWV.
Beltfedonly
the ammo can trays are based on the truck series..m1025,1026,1043,1043,1045 etc....as lawdog state, it's in the TM based on your truck. The M998 and troop carriers don't get them.
personally...I hate them, they render the bed of the truck utterly useless. Even in a slantback, I prefer to use ratchet straps through the handles attached to the bed and deck ties.

Lawdog734

personally...I hate them, they render the bed of the truck utterly useless. Even in a slantback, I prefer to use ratchet straps through the handles attached to the bed and deck ties.
I agree with you on that. They were generally useless as we always carried way more ammo, water and fuel than there were trays to put it all in. I get the purpose of the slantback, but the accommodations for loadouts that were planned for the vehicles never jived with reality, even in the relative peacetime of the late 90's. The open back of the GMV trucks definitely make more sense and they have the trays removed as well.

I suppose if you're going for the correct look then having them installed and in the correct locations makes sense, that's the only reason I did it.

Last edited:

KansasBobcat

I really do not like to drill holes unless covered by a MWO. Having bought some vehicles where the previous owners did not care where they drilled was not a pleasant experience. I think it is a lot harder to repair a hole in a HMMWV than a steel vehicle. The rural fire people seem to really like to "ventilate" their trucks. I should add it is your truck.

wereyellingirene

Hope this helps a little too. These are all of the items which get bolted to a stock M1025/1026 according to the TM laid out in the proper pattern. Note that there are provisions for only 300 rounds of .50 cal ammo (3 cans). The rest is MK19, and one for 7.62 MG ammo.

1.jpg
2.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks