• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mounting a 5 KW mep- 802a on a M116a3 -- need dimensions....

zarathustra

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm mounting an 802a on a M116a3 trailer. The mounting rail is already installed on the trailer but I'll have to drill some holes in the trailer mounting rail where the 802a skid attaches. So, all I need is the dimension from the rear of the trailer to the center of the first hole (rear most) on the mounting rail.

Thanks in advance....

z

zarathustra

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, lacking any response on the correct dimension of the first mounting hole, I developed the following plan....

The TM tells me that the lunette weight should be 184# with the generator mounted..

So, I'm going to drop (place) the generator on the rails with the landling leg on an old bathroom scale.

Then I'll move the generator forwards and backwards until I get ~184# on the scale. Hopefully that will line up with an existing hole in the rail, but since whatever was mounted to this M116A3 was NOT a generator, it's possible that I'll have to drill new holes.