• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mounting jerry can m1009

cfish

Where is the best place to mount a jerry can in the m1009? Would it be best inside the back on the raised mount? Or outside ?

cfish

Roger that!! Thats where I knew it went was just curious if others mounted it other places. I will stick with the inside!

MudderMilitia

Try this.....
Where did you get that rubber mat? Is it just a truck bed mat that you cut to fit?

I have my jerry can mounted in the back but for the life of me cant figure out how that hold down strap is supposed to mount! I saw a M1008 the other day at Menards that had dual can mounts on the front brush guard. Seemed like a bad idea (rearend collision eek!)

kvitt

i am going to extend one of the rear pull/loading shackles with a peice of tube, then mount the can on the top of the extension..the bad thing is i will have to take the can off the bracket to open the rear gate on the 1009

Darwin T

i don't know about CUCV's but on a deuce the two fuel cans on the front should give the people who like to move infront of me and hit the brakes something to think about. :twisted:

NovacaineFix

Does anyone know where I could find one of those mounts for the inside cargo area? My 1009 didn't have it in there when I bought it.
As far as I know, it is the same as the ones for the 5-tons and Deuces. My 5 ton Jerry can holder is exactly the same as my 1009. the 4 bolts on the bottom of the holder should line up with the 4 nuts on the floor bracket, unless you are talking about the floor bracket, mine is welded in.

cucvrus

And if you are talking about the hump mount that was welded on the left rear floor of the M1009. I have a few of them that I surgically removed. Excellent condition.