• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mounting License plate on M35A3

jpinst

Can you guys post some photos or give me some ideas on how you mounted your license plate on your M35s?

I want to mount it in a way that meets the legal requirements, but i dont want it to be so conspicuous that it looks stupid.

Thanks in advance :?:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use the search function in the "resources" section. You will find answers to many of your questions without starting new threads.

Sephirothq

I put mine on the back metal part of the rear left mud flap. I ran two 12 volt license plate lights and wired them in series to make them 24 volt. The only problem is when one burns out both lights will go. But I don't drive it that much at night anyway.

Alredneck

Banned
Im painting it on the bumpers, some states allow it some dont, keep the original secured somewhere in the truck. Along with apropriate paperwork

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't mounted mine yet. I have been driving mine for a couple of months and have never been stopped yet. Even had a Secretary of State police salute me on the interstate. I need to get a good spot though cause I am going to get popped one of these times.

jwaller

I wouldn't sweat it. I've had my trucks for about 5 yrs now and never mounted a plate to any of them. keep um in the glove box and if you get asked for it simply pull it out.

if your asked why it's not mounted tell them kids in your area keep stealing it. It's worked for me for 5 yrs without fail.

BTW I've only been asked to show it 1 time and I think that time was more or less a joke.

tamangel

I can imagine being hauled off to jail and then being charged $1500 to tow the trucK.
No, I agree with you, that this probably wouldn't happen, but the reason this code is not generally enforced (no front plate, license plate light in-op) , at least IMHO, is that it does provide PC for a stop by any officer at any time, in case they want to discuss anything with you or look for additional violations not apparent. So you can be driving and following the law in every other respect but this one, and you are stopped. Everyone laughs this off but its the law and you can be pulled over. So why not comply? These, to me, are the simplest of requirements....

Mike
Bear Flag Republic

License Plate requirements by state (map)
http://www.worldlicenceplates.com/usa/US_XLPR.html

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's what I did, kinda on the same line as emmado22, but, I made my own bracket with a piece of flat stock and some spacers. As for the front, I made a bracket.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Very nice, Will :beer:

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I welded a piece of 1" angle between the two supports on the left-rear (mud flap). I also bolted a piece of 1" angle under the "dip" in the center of the front bumper.

I drilled two holes in the angle for the plate mounting hardware, which is always stainless-steel for me.

Only pic I have access to right now:

http://www.mv-restoration.com/100_5315.jpg

tamangel

Texas:
(f) The department may exempt a former military vehicle from
the requirement to display a license plate or registration insignia
if the exemption is necessary to maintain the vehicle's accurate
military markings. The department may approve an alternative
registration insignia that is compatible with the vehicle's
original markings.

(i) In this section, "former military vehicle" means a
vehicle, including a trailer, regardless of the vehicle's size,