• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mounting License plate on M35A3

Pawnshop

In Texas that only applies to a MV that:

"is used exclusively for exhibitions, club
activities, parades, and other functions of public interest and is
not used for regular transportation"

Which means that a MV registered in Texas as a MV and exempt from displaying a plate, can NOT be used for any other purpose than display, and NOT for driving to work or hauling my ordnance to the range. The reasoning is that the $10 yearly registration does not cover highway maintenance costs. I will register my Deuce as a truck and use it whenever and wherever I choose, which means running an iluminated plate in the rear AND a plate in the front.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FL statutes say something like that except is says for parades and "Public Display". I display my truck everywhere I go. Have a little sign I toss in the window saying what it is.

saddamsnightmare

June 18th, 2008 :ditto: :ditto:

Flatlander and Tamagel:

We JUST GOTTA LOVE TEXAS...... I'm from West Virginia, and the Texas Code Sections permitting the bumper numbers and lack of inspection have been driving the local courthouse licensing ladies nuts.....! They HATE it when a taxpayer gets to instruct them (politely) on how to do their jobs right. My S404.114 Unimog has the plates (I didn't know the Code sections then, but now I do) as does the Deuce, but I plan on removing them after obtaining another Swiss army military vehicle plate and using the unit bumper numbers on the deuce.......
The only reason I'm doing the Swiss plates is that the Swiss, for some reason, painted their vehicle numbers on the winshields on the passenger's side... and THAT would drive me nuts!!!!

Keep smiling all the restor of you Steel Soldiers.... there's always room for a Plan "B"!!! [thumbzup]

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Truck
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 1-1/2 Ton Cargo Trailer
1967 Hercules Gasoline Gen-Set APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S404.114.MB

saddamsnightmare

June 18th, 2008 :ditto: :ditto:

Flatlander and Tamagel:

We JUST GOTTA LOVE TEXAS...... I'm from West Virginia, and the Texas Code Sections permitting the bumper numbers and lack of inspection have been driving the local courthouse licensing ladies nuts.....! They HATE it when a taxpayer gets to instruct them (politely) on how to do their jobs right. My S404.114 Unimog has the plates (I didn't know the Code sections then, but now I do) as does the Deuce, but I plan on removing them after obtaining another Swiss army military vehicle plate and using the unit bumper numbers on the deuce.......
The only reason I'm doing the Swiss plates is that the Swiss, for some reason, painted their vehicle numbers on the winshields on the passenger's side... and THAT would drive me nuts!!!!

Keep smiling all the restor of you Steel Soldiers.... there's always room for a Plan "B"!!! [thumbzup]

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Truck
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 1-1/2 Ton Cargo Trailer
1967 Hercules Gasoline Gen-Set APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S404.114.MB