• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mounting M2HB to 2002 H1

2012gunner

Greetings SS, newbie here.

I've got an '02 H1, it's my daily driver. I bought the truck to match my M2HB. I was considering the M998 but needed something with interior suitable for wife. Now I need help on figuring out how to mount my .50 to the roof.

Thanks to SS Admin for posting the TMs, very helpful.

With this being my first H1 and a total newbie to the MV world, I thought I'd ask a few questions to those who are knowledgeable in the space.

I want to add a ring mount to my truck and am trying to figure if there is a way to modify my existing roof to add the HMMWV ring mount complete assy or if I should swap out the entire roof with M998. Looking at the TMs it appears the structural supports of civilian H1 is different than the M998. Is this true?

Here is what I believe to be my setup:

Here's what I want to add:

My questions:

1. I don't believe I have the ring mounting brackets shown in the second pic as #5. Can these be added to the civilian frame, or is the structural support of the windshield different from that of the HMMWV?

2. I assume I would need to remove the middle roof support from my H1. Having never disassembled one before, can this middle support be easily removed or do I need to chop it? (it would make sense that I could unbolt and place the side ring supports in it's place, that is if the military designed it to be as modular as I would think it to be)

3. Does the rear ring support mount to the existing rear roof support bar or are additional supports required?

4. What's the best way to weather-proof this? I've read in other posts the m998 roof tend to leak, any suggestions?

5. Is this a horrible idea or could I pull it off?

I wish I had the luxury to buy a 2nd truck and convert it to my full assault vehicle, but I only have garage space for 1.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

Last edited:

CanonNinja

you're going to need the entire roof section and supports, , and its almost guaranteed not to work with your wagon top. you're going to lose your nice "quiet" ride and probably your weather/water proof status as well. This is about a $3-7k project, depending where you find the parts.

nattieleather

Well if it were me. I would look for a ring mount section out of a slant back hummer and see if there was a way to modify it to fit the opening of my wagon. No matter what you do there is going to be some fabrication involved, time, money, head scratching, measuring twice cutting once etc to make it work. Not saying it can't or wont work just saying you're going to have to make modifications.

I'm not a HMMWV expert nor do I play one on TV, but I think the ring mount for the slant back has a lid so you can close it when not in use. If limo shops can put sun roofs in one of these things, then a ring mount and a Ma Duce should be possible too!

I have nothing to add This post but i did want to say Welcome to the site and that should look awesome when u get done and Did anyone pay attention to his avatar lol talk about just wrong and funny at the same time:beer:

gbest

M2hb mounting

Hi guy,

I also have an h1 98 wagon with the same extras as you all the roof up parts, I have seen three or more other civilian h1's with the mounts on top so I know its been done, I would tell you where some parts are but last time I gave info on the forum I got a stern dubble warning from the administer, good luck with it.

Gbest,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks