• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mounting spot mirrors

Bill W

Simple question
I there a Military designated spot on the mirror frames ( westcoasters ) to mount the spot mirrors or is it unit/drivers discretion.

Did search for "spot mirrors" and also "mirror mounting" and found nada

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen various mounting locations and there appears to have been some variation at the unit level. Knowing the military, I am sure that there are detailed instructions somewhere and the location where they are clamped within the protection of the main west coast mirror frame seems to be most common.

Clay James

Mine are mouted directly under the mirrors on my A2. On my 109 they are on the mirror bracket. I think under the mirror is a better place. I have them pointed down at my wheels so I can keep an eye on them and it makes backing easier. It looks like they just bent the mount on the spot mirror and bolted it on the bottom mount on the mirror.

zout

Folks bolt them onto existing mirror mounts - there are numberous wrap around clamps for the tublar section of the mirror arms - there are numberous 90 degree brackets to assist in placing spots exactly where YOU want them.

I have two additional on the passenger side and one additional on the drivers side. Just put them where ever you need them to help you catch them blind spots - that is what is important.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If they were installed at the factory or Maintenence Depot they are usually mounted where they are of the least value.

When I was assigned a truck I almost always had to remount them where they worked best for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks