• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Moving a half, half track.

Blythewoodjoe

I need some help determining the weight of some stuff so I can decide if I should buy it. Could anyone out there give a good guess at the weight of a half track with the drive train complete but cut off at the back of the cab? It's 840 miles from my home and I am trying to decide if I can get it home with my truck. I think it's a M3 with roller.

Thanks,
Joe Trapp

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this the one in NY I told you about? With the armor cut off aft of the cab I say your F350 should move it no problem

Chuck H

Blythewoodjoe

Indeed THEY are. I am trying to determine if I can put TWO of them on the old F350. It's not looking too good. I am now thinking of two trips.

Joe Trapp

mangus580

Joe, if you are going to come up for them, let me know!!! I live less than an hour from where they are located. I would like to meet up with ya when you come up. I could probably even help you load with the winch on my deuce if need be.

Keep me posted....

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe

Depending on the timing I might could go with you and tke my F-750 to pick both up.

Chuck

Blythewoodjoe

Well the auction ends tomorrow. I guess I'll have to see if anybody wants them real bad. I called the guy today and the reserve is more than I am willing to pay. Not that I don't think they are worth what he wants, I just don't want to pay that much for something 840 miles from home.

Blythewoodjoe

Life stinks. Someone wanted them about $350 more than I did. Oh, well, I'm sure there will be two more with doors, louvers, hood, head lights, combat wheel and a complete front roller next week!

Joe Trapp
Once again the lack of money has stopped me from having what I want.