• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Moving from Yuma AZ to Alabama

Gunfreak25

We’ve decided on moving to Alabama. Already have a job lined up, we’re looking to move at the end of February. It’s a pretty flat straight trip. The Deuce will flat tow my Jeep Cherokee and the bed will have all my tools. Should be around 7000lbs total haul maybe less. Is there anybody I could add to a list in case we run into trouble along the way?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
We’ve decided on moving to Alabama. Already have a job lined up, we’re looking to move at the end of February. It’s a pretty flat straight trip. The Deuce will flat tow my Jeep Cherokee and the bed will have all my tools. Should be around 7000lbs total haul maybe less. Is there anybody I could add to a list in case we run into trouble along the way?

Sorry didn't read. Just keep my number handy.

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not!
It is worth having a set just for this trip, even if you sell them afterwards. It could be the difference between a tow bill in the thousands, and a buddy coming and hooking up.

I have a trip to AZ prior to Feb. I'll work on finding you a set of medium towbars. All I have at the present time are those ungodly heavy ones.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll pm you my number if you're passing through LA. I'm midway between I-10 and I-20.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in the El Paso area. I have a tow bar and I have a friend here that may have a medium tow bar for sale.
There are some fairly long, steep grades in eastern AZ and NM. Have to watch your downhill speed.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cloudcroft is really bad but I was talking about I-10, like eastbound into Las Cruces or Wilcox.

Gunfreak25

Thank you to all for the offers of assistance. Things SHOULD go just fine as the truck has had a full service and been very reliable so far.
we will try to avoid any bad grades. But I know eventually it’s going to be a 10mph crawl somewhere.

We’re looking at the homewood to Jemison area. We need a 3 bedroom preferably with room for all my crap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks