• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Moving Halftracks

battlecr

Well all this talk about moving armor I had to post ours. We loaded this afternoon and heading south to Tower Park, Camp Delta, Lodi California. Whoa, no over weight permits, movement limits, etc. I'll stick to halftracks!

Don G.

Attachments

battlecr

I do have to confess, only one is mine the other is my friend's M2A1. Luckily his Uncle owns a trucking company so got a break on the hauling. But had 5 cars pulled in and take pictures before the truck pulled out.

Don G.

BiffJ

Been a long time since I was at tower park.....used to work at the windmill blade factory on E Vine st across the street from the model airfield. That was back in the 80's. Good to see some tracks running in lodi. Never thought I'd see anything like that there.

Frank

steve1973

Well Murphy found me when it was time to unload the tracks. The two sites that I was told to use were unsutible and unsafe. I had planned to use a big commercial rollback but all the towing companies in the area that had them were busy several days out moving construction equipment. I ended up finding an outfit out of Tracy, CA to come and unload the tracks. That is one hour travel time, unload and one hour travel time back that I had to pay for, ouch! I felt bad for the driver as he had to stay overnight and missed hi load back north the next day. Murphy strikes again!

Steve A.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks