• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Moving soybeans with the m818

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Does my heart good to see old OD Iron still being used with honor. Hope she works out well for you. Good looking truck by the way. Far too often they end up in the woods as log pullout trucks, battered beyond recognition but still serving.
Good job on the pics as well...Thanks

beaubeau

Reb 87, I drove many MVs when in the Marines. I was with Engs. so there were a great variety of trucks that I drove. One thing I remember well, is that I do not believe that Front wheel drive or 6x6 is verry effective when carrying a load. It is like only maybe 10% effective as far as traction is concerned. I drove many miles with M51A2, 5 ton tractors with Low Bed, and 10 tractors with Low bed. A little better traction on 10tons. Of course the ndt tires are not the best for traction on road or off road. So don't be surprised when you need that Extra Pull, and it is not there I have had an M818 for several months now and it sure does make my old 3406 Cat 425like a Power House!!.Good luck, Phil