• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Moving the seat belt roll

Ephraim76

I’m debating moving the seatbelt roll to the side of the b pillar thoughts? I can’t see how it affects the integrity of the roll as it was only held on by a single bolt to the b pillar before now just angled.. thoughts?

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the tool box section of quote at top, youll see the B I U font buttons, keep going to the right until you see the little window icon, with black dots in the corners, too the left of the quote icon. Click that and then upload from file. It will add in when you post.

How do I post a pic of what I taking about?

BLK HMMWV

There is a whole lot of weirdness going on in that picture.
If that's where it is currently mounted it's in the wrong place.
If it's where you want to install it . wont it interfere with the rear door closing?

Also will the belt be long enough ? It's kind of low isn't it?

dunedigger

I'm not sure why you are moving it? I had trouble with my green belts being too short. I flipped the seat belt bracket in the b pillar upside down to help with my issue. Then after some research I found the black seat belts were longer. I flipped the brackets back over and replaced both belts. The longer belts come with a longer receiver too. Fixed my length problem. I'm not sure if this helps.

Ephraim76

I moved it there to see what people think. It’s not in the way of the rear door. I put it there so I could push the aftermarket seats flush against the rear support bar. It’s at the same height as it originally was just on the other side of the b pillar so length is maybe a few inches shorter but not an issue.. I’m just thinking out loud here does it look bad?

BLK HMMWV

It's your truck. So it's up to you where you put it.
To me I'd run the military hi back seats with the green or tan cordura. And I have a flat black truck.
Those seats look like there going to get real hot and sticky to the touch on a warm sunny day.
That and there is already minimal space to get in and out of rear passenger area as it is , the retractor just looks like it sticks out to much to me.

dunedigger

I actually didn't look at that photo very well the first time I saw it, I see what you are trying to do now. I was thinking about if there was any safety concerns in an accident. I'm not sure if it would pull the belt any different with pressure, I doubt it? I personally don't like the looks of it, but I try to keep the truck very close to original. I put in the oregon aero seat cushions in mine to keep the original seats. It wasn't cheap but very happy with it.