• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Moving to texas

DUECE-COUPE

We closed on our new place in TEXAS and as soon as a few things get updated, we will be heading west. The first trip will be in 2-3 weeks, and should be no problem with the U Hauls. The SECOND is gona be the one I worry about. we are coming back on a bus, and getting here to load up 5 horses and the assorted water troughs and grain buckets and other stuff, plus the BEAST is going this time along with the M105 Trailer with a great shelter I got from GL. the route is I-75 north to I-10 west. we have a stop in Gulf Port to rest the horses and get a good nights sleep, and then the last leg of the trip will continue west on I-10 to I-49 north to I-20 west to FM 34, and to our new home. I f any one is along this route and can assist in the event of a problem, please let me know. the BEAST and the Trailer will be serviced prior to the run, but one can never disrespect MURPHY, and he has yet to PCS to my area, and I continue to wish him good travels as he goes elsewhere and stays away from my SS friends.

combatmech

Where in Texas are y'all going to end up? Good luck with the move, I'll be finishing up a move to Dallas at the end of September. Two of my vehicles made it no problem. The M-1009 might be another story....
We'll be here if you need us!!

Needle

Where in Texas are y'all going to end up? Good luck with the move, I'll be finishing up a move to Dallas at the end of September. Two of my vehicles made it no problem. The M-1009 might be another story....
We'll be here if you need us!!

Did you have the "Benabago" at CFM today?

DUECE-COUPE

We are moving to scurry, south west of kaufman, when i get there, I got a lot to do but will try and get a week end off so I can drive around and visit, or maybe set up a meet and greet with all the local SS members

K9Vic

I-20 west to FM 34
Terrell?

If thats correct, (and you go too far west :-Dand need help) I am in northern Dallas, about 50 miles (1 hour) from Terrell.
FM = Farm To Market and FM 34 is in West Texas near El Paso. The highway in the City of Terrell is State Highway 34 (TEXAS 34), not FM 34. There is a big difference between the two. It can get confusing for people that do not know the difference in Texas highways this is very true. There is FM 121 & Texas 121 about 10 miles apart from each other. It was so confusing to out of town drivers they had to put up a sign that says "DFW traffic do not exit", but people still exit it thinking it goes to Dallas/Fort Worth.

Since FM 34 is adjacent to Interstate 10 and not 20, I would guess that yes it is City of Terrell and not Terrell County.

Anyways, there are allot of MV guys in the area and welcome to Texas!!!!

Picture source: https://sites.google.com/site/txfarmranchroads/

Attachments

Last edited:

DUECE-COUPE

it's all good. I am gona buy it when I get the $ or win the lotto, or appeal to his more generous heart and get him to GIVE it to me. one way or the other, I will get my truck. thank you Wreckerman for keeping it together for me. She does mean a lot, but also know that you can't hold on to it for ever.

OL AG '89

Hey Duece,
I'm in Houston, along I-10. If you run into any issues around there, give me a shout. Don't have any BIG vehicles, but know the town well enough to get assistance as required....
Cooper 713-501-6187.
Don't know this "wreckerman", but he sems to be a very, very MEAN person......:)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Don't know this "wreckerman", but he sems to be a very, very MEAN person......:smile:
I resemble that remark.:twisted:

For those who don't know the back story my M927 came from the Florida National Guard.

Deuce-Coupe was one it's assigned drivers when it lived at Camp Blanding, FL.

I outbid him when it sold out of Redstone.

Had I known what good condition it was in and that I couldn't work it like a rented mule I might have let it pass.

It is now doing parade and show duty.

If he hits the LOTTO we'll negotiate.rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks