• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MP2225 Transfer cases

kfrosty

It's hard to find these and I just happened across 3 of them. They have connections for glycol cooling. Just curious as to what they are worth. I have 4 of them now and I'm probably going to sell or trade a couple of them. Also I've got one mated to a 6.5 turbo I'm going to install. It's not an armored vehicle and I'm thinking about either capping the lines or swapping it out for a 242.

Looking for opinions on these.

Thanks

Action

I have it in mine, but I have no idea what they are worth. I have all the correct lines installed for the antifreeze cooling.
If you have a drivetrain with the NP2225, it would likely not have a cooling fan on the front of the engine. Does it?

kfrosty

I just have one complete drive train and then the 3 individual transfer cases. The drive train do have a fan, they are just gear driven and angled up under the radiator to my understanding.

Does your lines mount to the radiator do they come from some type of adapter off regular coolant lines?

Action

That is what i meant. There is no cooling fan ON the engine. The tubes connect to the lower radiator tube and to the water crossover tube on top of engine. It also runs through my rear diff. And, yes, I also have the fan under the radiator, and the Wilwood brakes, etc. It is a 2007 REV.

BRob18E

did you get rid of all of those? I am need of a transfer case, and please don't chew me as I"m on here searching now and ran across your thread, but do you know if they will work with the 6.2? I was told those transfer case's suck and I would agree since mine is blow..

kfrosty

I assuming you're stating you have a 6.2 engine, the question is the transmission you have which is probably a 3 spd. I'm going to guess they would either mate up or there is an adapter but I'm not 100% sure.

Also, I'm not sure if you can cap the cooling lines or came up with a way to tie them into the lines on the truck.

Blake1

It's hard to find these and I just happened across 3 of them. They have connections for glycol cooling. Just curious as to what they are worth. I have 4 of them now and I'm probably going to sell or trade a couple of them. Also I've got one mated to a 6.5 turbo I'm going to install. It's not an armored vehicle and I'm thinking about either capping the lines or swapping it out for a 242.

Looking for opinions on these.

Thanks
Hey bud would you sell one of the mp2225 t case

kfrosty

Frosty would you sell one of these t cases
Long story but I didn't end up with the 3 because GL BS. Anyway, I have 2 on drive trains but I'd need to replace them with NP 242's before I consider letting them go. I'm in the middle of another project right now. Send me a PM and if things change and you're still looking I'll follow up with you.

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks