• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MPG for 923a2 with 8.3 Cummins

Hawssie

The TM says 5.5-6 mpg for the A2s in general but who knows what kind of driving that covers. Big spread in weight over the lightest and heaviest models too. I got around 7 on the freeway for my M936A2 which is 16 thousand pounds heavier. But the M939 and M939A1s are listed at 3-4 mpg in the same TM

Trapperjohn

Thanks very much, guys! I am working on buying a 923a2 with the 8.3 and could not believe that they can get 8-10 mpg... amazing! I see where a lot of guys adjust the fuel by turning a few screws. Sounds like they get a good bit more power, but wonder what that does to the mpg? I plan on driving it stock and 50 mph on highway, so would seem reasonable to expect the 8-10.

looking forward to being an owner of one of these awesome trucks! I really appreciate the feedback from you guys.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Loaded the C and L series are getting 5.5 to 6.5. That is in transfer trucks, box trucks get around 5 to 7 depending if they are stop and go delivery types or say LA to San Diego trips.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks