• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mrap 50-50 offset wheels on a deuce

Section8

50-50 off set? To bad that isn't available in a deuce rim.
I would think you shouldn't have any rubbing. I am not exactly sure what normal offset is on a standard MRAP rim but they look like they are 8 to 10 inches of back spacing.
If the hub face is centre line in the rim you would have a country mile between the tire at full turn to any rub points. Unless you are running 54's.
I may be out in left field on this since I am not overly familiar with MRAP rims. I know they are out of my price range so I don't research them much.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not tried them (or even seen them) but I can say the standard offset aluminum MRAP wheels with Peashooter adapters and 395 Michelins fit the deuce about perfect. On the front, they are just right to prevent contact with the fender lip on the outside of the tire and just barely touch the louvers on the fender well to the inside of the tire. This is with many incidents of extreme axle articulation. There is a slight rub with the steering link on hard right turns. The rears, (with a hub flip) do not rub on the frame or the outside edge of the box, again even with extreme articulation. The tires do rub the box bed crossmembers when the bogey articulates but again, no issues. So the difference between the wheels I have and 50/50 offset would move the tires out substantially. I would think this would mean significant rubbing on the front fender lip and outside bed rail.

Special T

By 50 50 you mean the disk Is In the center correct? They would likely work well I. The rear with no flip but likely wouldnt up front.

Section8

Looks like something I would love to have.
I could get regular 2 piece steel MRAPs (finally) up here in Canada for couple hundred bucks but would rather have those!!!
Where did you find them?

Section8

Thanks for the pics. Especially the one showing the width. Now I am not so sure about them. Looks like they stick waaay out. Unless you have your fenders trimmed back. Wonder if there is added stress to the bearings in the hub...? Might just be the angle of the pic but it looks like the top of your tires are tipped inward towards the engine as if the spindles are over stressed. Do you have any other pics of your rig on say.. pavement or a dirt road. Anyone else have pics of their deuce with these particular rims.
Darn. I was hoping to find a rim that wouldn't need a whole bunch of modifications to it to be able to run large tires with out steering interference.

Last edited:

Section8

Ok so the last post with pic of the tire with 50/50 off set and non wife modified fender looks pretty good. Must just be because your fender is cut down that it looks as though the wheels stuck out half way. If they are flush with the fender that isn't wife modified then that looks right.
Thank you for the pictures Mdmorgan.
Now the hunt renews for rims.
Are those 395's your running with those rims?

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
No, the last pic is with the tire on a mrap wheel, the pic with the cut fender is on a PLS trailer wheel, like what was posted at the start of the thread. The tire sticks out about 5.5" further than the mrap.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Section8

Hmmm. Ok. Thanks for the clarification.
I guess I need to do even more research. I recall reading threads where guys have gone to bigger tires and have issues with reduced turning radius and rubbing issues.
I want to go to larger tires and not have the issues yet put excessive stress on my inner and outer bearings.