• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP Buffalo Trainer

Trailblazer0506

We installed piles of after market LEDs since we were needing better lights at night to see further forward and to the sides. However, there were 2 spot lights from the factory both controlled electronically inside for rotation and up & down; 1 at the front center of the roof and same in the rear.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I managed to break some time off to tend to the Buffalo today. My assistant and I replaced the coolant hoses that ran the length of the frame to the rear AC/heater unit then topped off the system. While doing that I did some electrical repairs and made some progress. We have 24v and 12v lighting but the dash cluster is still dead along with a few other basic M939 things. Other lighting was worked on and it seems like typical corrosion of grounds is causing most lights not to work (typical MV stuff, am I right?). Here's a few photos to share. I want to wash her SO bad!

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow. Progress...

That really is a neat looking vehicle. I had saved earlier pictures that you posted. Added these pix to that collection.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
General update. Manage to track down some electrical gremlins and get them sorted out today. She now starts and runs like a champ but there's still more electrical work investigate due to the custom work done during the transformation from M925 to Buffalo. I took the new steam washer to her and she shined up like new as well.

A fellow SS member did some digging for me and found her in an antiquated inventory system named:

Truck, Surrogate MRAP
Training Veh: M923A2, MRAP
Cat II

Equipment number: YF202N

I'm slowly digging into this as I get spare time. The data plate shows M925A2 but "a 5 ton is a 5 ton" I guess. The side windows are delaminating and I'm open to input on how to fix that. I'm confident it's ballistic rated glass (and if anything the only armored part of the vehicle). I'm also not a fan of the engine compartment doors. They feel like they cheapen the look of it to me. I'd much rather find real panels and make them fit. Until next update..

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks