• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP deuce...?

tamangel

Almost looks like a form of MRAP rear body on this deuce..looks good I think.. Seen outside through the fence of a business that rebuilds and sells MV's. It was closed so couldn't ask anyone or get too close up for pics..

Anyone seen anything like this in service?

mike

Attachments

tamangel

so is that what it is? A body transfer to the rear of a deuce and as you say, a poor job? has this rig already been talked about on SS? Still like the concept, however..

Mike

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
that's because to thin of metal and the welds to hot.

No that isn't why. If you read the original thread that was my thought as well. They used one sheet of metal and tried to bend it down over the sides is why it wrinkled like that, not welds. He wanted one piece of sheet metal on the top instead of running welds on the seams.

Westy, would you try to take the Batmobile over an IED? It is a movie prop NOT a real world vehicle meant to withstand explosives.

Like it or not for what it is, a concept truck.

3dAngus

Fake armor. Built for Hollywood. Then sold.'

edit: Oops, didn't realize there was another page. Already answered, but now it's all on one post

CobraCDR

I agree, it looks cool, but that's about it. I'm sure it's overweight and doesn't have the properly angled hull to deflect any blast. Some idiot it the 'burbs will be happy to have their 'armored' zombie hunter truck I'm sure. Good luck getting more than a few MPG! lol