• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP frame

charlesmann

I came across this, it looks to be for the MAXPro or Pro Plus since it has a single spring hanger set. https://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/item/5690809?do=1

auction has closed, and some were going for cheap (under $500), and the other two auctions went for a decent price (under $1000). I was curious what someone would do with these. I was gonna use 1 frame for the frame for an equipment trailer and another frame, for anything else needed for the trailer build.

Do manufactures bid for their items so they can return them to their inventory for future builds? I am not talking these specifically, but in general for "New" items.

charlesmann

Looks like it’s for the wrecker. Looks pretty useless.
Why useless? For my purpose, its 80% built for a trailer. Add a tq tube, axles and V the front out for a pintle plate.

But my main query pertaining to my original post is, what would civi folks possibly want them for, scrap weight (doesnt seem enough wt. for scrap), manufacturer buying cheap and reselling back to the gov for 10x+ more than the auction purchase price?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Why useless? For my purpose, its 80% built for a trailer. Add a tq tube, axles and V the front out for a pintle plate.

But my main query pertaining to my original post is, what would civi folks possibly want them for, scrap weight (doesnt seem enough wt. for scrap), manufacturer buying cheap and reselling back to the gov for 10x+ more than the auction purchase price?
Resell or project. I have a few uses for them

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless it is on a shelf somewhere, yes.

No such thing as a "pintle ring". It is called a lunette.

PS...my dad was from Temple.

DDG

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, he left after 8th grade to work with the CCC, helped build the Mesa Verde Monument.

In '38 he wound up in Yuma, AZ and started with Southern Pacific in '39, where he stayed until 1980.

Thanks for your interest. There are still Gilliam clan in Temple today.

DDG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks